Actor who portrayed a young Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights charged with reckless driving after five-car wreck
Jun 6, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
Actor Luke Bigham, who played Will Ferrell’s 10-year-old Ricky Bobby persona in the NASCAR-themed comedy Talladega Nights, is facing charges of reckless driving after being involved in a five-car crash this week in his hometown of Trussville, Ala., according to ABC3340.com.
Bigham is accused of driving as much as 85 mph on Trussville’s Main Street when his Lexus GS350 allegedly hit another car, spun wildly and wound up hitting three other vehicles, Trussville police chief Don Sivley told the website, adding that the speed limit on Main Street at the location of the crash is 35 mph.
Three people were injured in the multi-vehicle wreck, including Bigham, who was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Below is surveillance video that captured part of the aftermath of the wreck:
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 2
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16