Actor who portrayed a young Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights charged with reckless driving after five-car wreck
Jun 6, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Actor Luke Bigham, who played Will Ferrell’s 10-year-old Ricky Bobby persona in the NASCAR-themed comedy Talladega Nights, is facing charges of reckless driving after being involved in a five-car crash this week in his hometown of Trussville, Ala., according to ABC3340.com.
Bigham is accused of driving as much as 85 mph on Trussville’s Main Street when his Lexus GS350 allegedly hit another car, spun wildly and wound up hitting three other vehicles, Trussville police chief Don Sivley told the website, adding that the speed limit on Main Street at the location of the crash is 35 mph.
Three people were injured in the multi-vehicle wreck, including Bigham, who was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Below is surveillance video that captured part of the aftermath of the wreck:
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0