Actor who portrayed a young Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights charged with reckless driving after five-car wreck
Jun 6, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
Actor Luke Bigham, who played Will Ferrell’s 10-year-old Ricky Bobby persona in the NASCAR-themed comedy Talladega Nights, is facing charges of reckless driving after being involved in a five-car crash this week in his hometown of Trussville, Ala., according to ABC3340.com.
Bigham is accused of driving as much as 85 mph on Trussville’s Main Street when his Lexus GS350 allegedly hit another car, spun wildly and wound up hitting three other vehicles, Trussville police chief Don Sivley told the website, adding that the speed limit on Main Street at the location of the crash is 35 mph.
Three people were injured in the multi-vehicle wreck, including Bigham, who was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Below is surveillance video that captured part of the aftermath of the wreck:
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1