Actor who portrayed a young Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights charged with reckless driving after five-car wreck
Jun 6, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Actor Luke Bigham, who played Will Ferrell’s 10-year-old Ricky Bobby persona in the NASCAR-themed comedy Talladega Nights, is facing charges of reckless driving after being involved in a five-car crash this week in his hometown of Trussville, Ala., according to ABC3340.com.
Bigham is accused of driving as much as 85 mph on Trussville’s Main Street when his Lexus GS350 allegedly hit another car, spun wildly and wound up hitting three other vehicles, Trussville police chief Don Sivley told the website, adding that the speed limit on Main Street at the location of the crash is 35 mph.
Three people were injured in the multi-vehicle wreck, including Bigham, who was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Below is surveillance video that captured part of the aftermath of the wreck:
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52