Actor who portrayed a young Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights charged with reckless driving after five-car wreck
Jun 6, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Actor Luke Bigham, who played Will Ferrell’s 10-year-old Ricky Bobby persona in the NASCAR-themed comedy Talladega Nights, is facing charges of reckless driving after being involved in a five-car crash this week in his hometown of Trussville, Ala., according to ABC3340.com.
Bigham is accused of driving as much as 85 mph on Trussville’s Main Street when his Lexus GS350 allegedly hit another car, spun wildly and wound up hitting three other vehicles, Trussville police chief Don Sivley told the website, adding that the speed limit on Main Street at the location of the crash is 35 mph.
Three people were injured in the multi-vehicle wreck, including Bigham, who was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Below is surveillance video that captured part of the aftermath of the wreck:
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 0
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 10
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 4
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 6
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 18