Jun 6, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
Jeff Burton may be wrapping up his long racing career this season – before moving full-time into an analyst role for NBC Sports next year – but son Harrison’s budding racing career is just getting started.
Following in the footsteps of not only his famous father but also uncle Ward and cousin Jeb, 13-year-old Harrison will make his debut Saturday on what has been the Burton family’s home race track for more than three decades: South Boston (Va.) Speedway.
Harrison Burton will compete in the 150-lap PASS Super Late Model race. In two other PASS races at other tracks this season, the younger Burton has recorded a top-five and a top-10.
Racing – and winning – have been a Burton family tradition at South Boston, a 4/10-mile track just a burnout from the family’s homestead.
Jeff won eight NASCAR Late Model Stock Car Division races there, while uncle Ward has four career late model wins there.
Cousin Jeb has also raced late models a few times at South Boston this season, as well.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0