Jun 6, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Daniel Ricciardo has been given a reprimand after the stewards deemed him guilty of making a dangerous overtake in the pit lane at the end of the first practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix.
The Red Bull driver made a move on Lotus’ Pastor Maldonado that was “potentially dangerous to others in the pit lane”, according to the stewards, and broke article 30.13 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations.
That regulation reads: “At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.”
The incident took place at the end of the 90 minute session, suggesting that Ricciardo may have illegally passed Maldonado in the pit lane in order to get to his pit box.
However, this is only Ricciardo’s first reprimand of the season. Should he tally two more, he would be subject to a grid penalty.
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 5
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1