Jun 6, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Daniel Ricciardo has been given a reprimand after the stewards deemed him guilty of making a dangerous overtake in the pit lane at the end of the first practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix.
The Red Bull driver made a move on Lotus’ Pastor Maldonado that was “potentially dangerous to others in the pit lane”, according to the stewards, and broke article 30.13 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations.
That regulation reads: “At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.”
The incident took place at the end of the 90 minute session, suggesting that Ricciardo may have illegally passed Maldonado in the pit lane in order to get to his pit box.
However, this is only Ricciardo’s first reprimand of the season. Should he tally two more, he would be subject to a grid penalty.
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9