Jun 6, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Daniel Ricciardo has been given a reprimand after the stewards deemed him guilty of making a dangerous overtake in the pit lane at the end of the first practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix.
The Red Bull driver made a move on Lotus’ Pastor Maldonado that was “potentially dangerous to others in the pit lane”, according to the stewards, and broke article 30.13 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations.
That regulation reads: “At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.”
The incident took place at the end of the 90 minute session, suggesting that Ricciardo may have illegally passed Maldonado in the pit lane in order to get to his pit box.
However, this is only Ricciardo’s first reprimand of the season. Should he tally two more, he would be subject to a grid penalty.
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 0
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43