Jun 6, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
After losing out to Fernando Alonso during the first practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix, the Mercedes duo of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will be hoping to strike back during second practice and return to the top of the timesheets.
FP2 begins live on NBCSN and Live Extra at 2pm ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Montreal has traditionally been a Hamilton stronghold, but he was forced to settle for second place in FP1 after Alonso edged him out by just 0.016 seconds. The Briton was set to go at least two-tenths of a second quicker than the Spaniard, only to then make a mistake at the hairpin that ended his chances. He will undoubtedly look to redress the balance in FP2.
Jean-Eric Vergne will be hoping to get back out on track after ending his session early due to an undisclosed issue, whilst Marussia will have been working hard to repair Jules Bianchi’s car after the Frenchman touched the wall during the first session.
After making way for Alexander Rossi at Caterham during FP1, Kamui Kobayashi will return to the wheel of the CT-05 for this session.
Be sure to join Leigh Diffey, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton from 2pm ET on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0