Missed Kurt Busch’s bid to complete ‘The Double’? Check out ‘Kurt Busch: 36′ Sunday on NBC, Monday on NBCSN
Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Watching Kurt Busch‘s bid to become the first driver to complete “The Double” – finishing the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 – in a decade will likely never get old.
The 30-minute mini-documentary will air Sunday on NBC at 4:30 pm ET, while an hour-long “director’s cut” will air Monday on NBC Sports Network at 11:30 pm ET.
“(Both specials) will feature in-depth interviews, on-track footage, team communications and a seat right next to Busch throughout his races against drivers from two elite series, pulsating travel conditions and the limits of his own endurance,” according to a NBC Sports media release.
To get a sneak preview of what will be included in the special, check out the two following video excerpts:
The first clip features the 2004 Sprint Cup champ talking car setup with Stewart Haas Racing crew chief Daniel Knost, as well as thanking Knost for all his help in allowing Busch to perform “The Double.”
The other clip shows Busch on the helicopter leaving Indianapolis Motor Speedway (headed for Concord, N.C. for that evening’s Coke 600) after his outstanding sixth-place finish as a rookie competitor in the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500.
We’ll have two more highlight clips on Sunday.
Remember, check out “Kurt Busch: 36″ Sunday on NBC at 4:30 pm ET, and an extended hour-long “director’s cut” Monday night on NBCSN at 11:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3