Missed Kurt Busch’s bid to complete ‘The Double’? Check out ‘Kurt Busch: 36′ Sunday on NBC, Monday on NBCSN
Jun 7, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Watching Kurt Busch‘s bid to become the first driver to complete “The Double” – finishing the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 – in a decade will likely never get old.
The 30-minute mini-documentary will air Sunday on NBC at 4:30 pm ET, while an hour-long “director’s cut” will air Monday on NBC Sports Network at 11:30 pm ET.
“(Both specials) will feature in-depth interviews, on-track footage, team communications and a seat right next to Busch throughout his races against drivers from two elite series, pulsating travel conditions and the limits of his own endurance,” according to a NBC Sports media release.
To get a sneak preview of what will be included in the special, check out the two following video excerpts:
The first clip features the 2004 Sprint Cup champ talking car setup with Stewart Haas Racing crew chief Daniel Knost, as well as thanking Knost for all his help in allowing Busch to perform “The Double.”
The other clip shows Busch on the helicopter leaving Indianapolis Motor Speedway (headed for Concord, N.C. for that evening’s Coke 600) after his outstanding sixth-place finish as a rookie competitor in the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500.
We’ll have two more highlight clips on Sunday.
Remember, check out “Kurt Busch: 36″ Sunday on NBC at 4:30 pm ET, and an extended hour-long “director’s cut” Monday night on NBCSN at 11:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2