Jun 7, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
A prominent member of the NASCAR media corps is gutting out the remainder of the weekend at Pocono Raceway after suffering a broken ankle in the Sprint Cup garage.
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was interviewing him when the accident occurred. Junior explained the situation on Twitter and also took the blame for it.
As for Long, he tweeted a rather unsightly photo of his busted ankle last night and then told Junior that the accident wasn’t his fault.
Showing some journalistic grit, he has continued on with his duties at Pocono with some crutches in tow.
Of course, all of us at MotorSportsTalk send Long our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0