Jun 7, 2014, 1:26 PM EST
A prominent member of the NASCAR media corps is gutting out the remainder of the weekend at Pocono Raceway after suffering a broken ankle in the Sprint Cup garage.
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was interviewing him when the accident occurred. Junior explained the situation on Twitter and also took the blame for it.
As for Long, he tweeted a rather unsightly photo of his busted ankle last night and then told Junior that the accident wasn’t his fault.
Showing some journalistic grit, he has continued on with his duties at Pocono with some crutches in tow.
Of course, all of us at MotorSportsTalk send Long our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 1
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0