Jun 7, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
A prominent member of the NASCAR media corps is gutting out the remainder of the weekend at Pocono Raceway after suffering a broken ankle in the Sprint Cup garage.
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was interviewing him when the accident occurred. Junior explained the situation on Twitter and also took the blame for it.
As for Long, he tweeted a rather unsightly photo of his busted ankle last night and then told Junior that the accident wasn’t his fault.
Showing some journalistic grit, he has continued on with his duties at Pocono with some crutches in tow.
Of course, all of us at MotorSportsTalk send Long our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5