Jun 7, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
A prominent member of the NASCAR media corps is gutting out the remainder of the weekend at Pocono Raceway after suffering a broken ankle in the Sprint Cup garage.
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was interviewing him when the accident occurred. Junior explained the situation on Twitter and also took the blame for it.
As for Long, he tweeted a rather unsightly photo of his busted ankle last night and then told Junior that the accident wasn’t his fault.
Showing some journalistic grit, he has continued on with his duties at Pocono with some crutches in tow.
Of course, all of us at MotorSportsTalk send Long our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 1
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1