Jun 7, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
A prominent member of the NASCAR media corps is gutting out the remainder of the weekend at Pocono Raceway after suffering a broken ankle in the Sprint Cup garage.
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long was interviewing him when the accident occurred. Junior explained the situation on Twitter and also took the blame for it.
As for Long, he tweeted a rather unsightly photo of his busted ankle last night and then told Junior that the accident wasn’t his fault.
Showing some journalistic grit, he has continued on with his duties at Pocono with some crutches in tow.
Of course, all of us at MotorSportsTalk send Long our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1