Jun 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Lewis Hamilton is chasing his fifth pole position of the season in Canada today, and with the track being one of his favorites, the Briton will unquestionably believe that he has ever chance of doing exactly that.
However, he will have to fend off teammate and championship leader Nico Rosberg in the battle for pole, and although the likes of Williams, Red Bull and Ferrari may not fight for pole, they will produce a fascinating subplot.
Qualifying coverage begins live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 1pm ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Since 2006, only two men have started on pole position in Montreal: Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Given that Vettel has rarely looked capable of hassling the Mercedes driver so far this season, history suggests that it is there for the Briton to take.
Hamilton’s case is also helped by the pace that he showed in FP3, where he finished well clear of the rest of the field despite not posting a lap time on the quicker tire.
Coverage of qualifying should run from 1pm ET until 2:30pm on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 0
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 5
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0