Jun 7, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Following the first two practice sessions on Friday, it is quite clear that Mercedes is the team to beat once again in Canada. Thanks to the extra power and better top speed of the German marque’s engines, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg should be in line to once again lock out the front row in qualifying.
However, we will have to see if they can continue to lead the way in the final free practice session today. You can watch FP3 live from 10am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
In practice yesterday, Red Bull and Ferrari both looked to be in the running for the final podium position. Kimi Raikkonen managed to finish third in FP2 behind the Mercedes drivers, and appears to be more at ease with the F14 T car this weekend. Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo will be working to make his life difficult and get up onto the rostrum on Sunday.
Williams also looks to be in good shape, with Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa both finishing inside the top ten yesterday. Bottas claimed an amazing result in qualifying here last year, finishing third, but could not continue this form in the race. The Finn will be hoping for another strong result this year.
FP3 begins at 10am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session; the coverage will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1