Jun 8, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
After a close qualifying session for the Canadian Grand Prix yesterday, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton are set to re-enter battle on the track today from the front row of the grid. The German driver will start from pole position, but he will be well aware of Hamilton’s scintillating record in Montreal.
The Canadian Grand Prix is live on NBC from 2pm ET, with the pre-race show starting at 1:30pm on NBCSN. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Two weeks ago, Mercedes appeared to be on the brink of civil war. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg locked horns after qualifying and ahead of the race, with the Briton inferring that his teammate had secured pole position on Monaco by foul play.
Now though, the Mercedes fire has cooled. Both drivers are ready for a clean fight at the front in Montreal today, and Hamilton will be gunning for his fourth victory at the circuit. Should he be successful, he would be just three behind Michael Schumacher’s record of seven wins at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Behind the Silver Arrows, an interesting subplot is developing. Just 0.05 seconds separated both Red Bulls and both Williams drivers from third to sixth, and they are the teams likely to be in the hunt to complete the podium.
Kimi Raikkonen will celebrate his 200th grand prix today, and he will be hoping to improve on tenth place in qualifying.
The Canadian Grand Prix is live on NBC from 2pm ET, with the pre-race show starting at 1:30pm on NBCSN. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream. Also be sure to watch Off the Grid from the Spanish Grand Prix ahead of the race at 1pm ET.
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 2
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 7
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52