Jun 8, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
After a close qualifying session for the Canadian Grand Prix yesterday, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton are set to re-enter battle on the track today from the front row of the grid. The German driver will start from pole position, but he will be well aware of Hamilton’s scintillating record in Montreal.
The Canadian Grand Prix is live on NBC from 2pm ET, with the pre-race show starting at 1:30pm on NBCSN. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Two weeks ago, Mercedes appeared to be on the brink of civil war. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg locked horns after qualifying and ahead of the race, with the Briton inferring that his teammate had secured pole position on Monaco by foul play.
Now though, the Mercedes fire has cooled. Both drivers are ready for a clean fight at the front in Montreal today, and Hamilton will be gunning for his fourth victory at the circuit. Should he be successful, he would be just three behind Michael Schumacher’s record of seven wins at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Behind the Silver Arrows, an interesting subplot is developing. Just 0.05 seconds separated both Red Bulls and both Williams drivers from third to sixth, and they are the teams likely to be in the hunt to complete the podium.
Kimi Raikkonen will celebrate his 200th grand prix today, and he will be hoping to improve on tenth place in qualifying.
The Canadian Grand Prix is live on NBC from 2pm ET, with the pre-race show starting at 1:30pm on NBCSN. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream. Also be sure to watch Off the Grid from the Spanish Grand Prix ahead of the race at 1pm ET.
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6