Jun 9, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. appears to have finally become the championship contender that people expected him to be when he first joined Hendrick Motorsports in 2008.
Earnhardt’s victory yesterday at Pocono Raceway was his second of 2014, and in a shocking statistic, that equals his win count from 2007 – his final year with Dale Earnhardt Inc. – all the way to last year.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, Earnhardt reacted to his big win in a Victory Lane interview with Nate Ryan:
With his two wins, Earnhardt’s assured of being in the Chase for the Sprint Cup this fall. But other drivers aren’t in that nice position he’s put himself in after 14 regular season races.
Frank Stoddard and Jeff Burton focused on those particular drivers that remain winless in a discussion of the current Chase Grid. They also talked about which of those drivers could make it to the postseason on points alone.
If you want to watch today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, an encore presentation will air at 12:30 a.m. ET tonight on NBCSN. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page on NBCSports.com.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1