Report: Kasey Kahne blames Kyle Busch for causing wreck that ended his and Carl Edwards’ day at Pocono
Jun 9, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Where have we heard this before: Driver (Fill In The Blank) is angry with Kyle Busch for causing a wreck that ruined the former’s day?
Kasey Kahne is the latest addition to that list as he believes Kyle Busch caused the wreck 17 laps from the finish of Sunday’s Pocono 400 that sent Kahne into the retaining wall and out of Pocono with a 42nd-place finish.
According to Bob Pockrass of SportingNews.com, Kahne said Busch squeezed him coming off Turn 1, contact was made and Kahne was forced into the retaining wall.
As a result, Edwards left Pocono one place higher than Kahne in the finishing order, namely 41st, and dropped from 3rd to 7th in the Sprint Cup standings.
“I had just passed Kyle and I caught (Ryan) Newman (and) I was passing him off Turn 3,” Kahne said on the race radio broadcast, according to Pockrass. “We were side-by-side so Kyle was able to get a good draft down the straightaway.
“We got to Turn 1 and I was on the outside and then he knew if he didn’t clear me there that I would pass him back because I just had. So he just floored it and didn’t care there was someone out there and ran me right in the wall.”
This wasn’t the first time Busch has wrecked Kahne accidentally or intentionally, Kahne said.
“That’s just Kyle being Kyle,” Kahne told MRN.com. “He just races however he races.”
Busch finished 12th and moved up two positions to sixth in the Cup standings while Biffle’s car sustained only minor damage. He was able to finish 16th and improved from 16th to 14th in the Cup rankings.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 0
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 4
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30a ET 0
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 3