Report: Kasey Kahne blames Kyle Busch for causing wreck that ended his and Carl Edwards’ day at Pocono

Jun 9, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT

(Photo: Doug Pensinger/Getty Images) Getty Images

Where have we heard this before: Driver (Fill In The Blank) is angry with Kyle Busch for causing a wreck that ruined the former’s day?

Kasey Kahne is the latest addition to that list as he believes Kyle Busch caused the wreck 17 laps from the finish of Sunday’s Pocono 400 that sent Kahne into the retaining wall and out of Pocono with a 42nd-place finish.

According to Bob Pockrass of SportingNews.com, Kahne said Busch squeezed him coming off Turn 1, contact was made and Kahne was forced into the retaining wall.

Carl Edwards got caught up in Kahne’s aftermath, and Roush Fenway Racing teammate Greg Biffle also suffered from residual damage.

As a result, Edwards left Pocono one place higher than Kahne in the finishing order, namely 41st, and dropped from 3rd to 7th in the Sprint Cup standings.

Kahne, meanwhile, dropped from 18th into a three-way tie for 21st with Marcos Ambrose and Jamie McMurray.

“I had just passed Kyle and I caught (Ryan) Newman (and) I was passing him off Turn 3,” Kahne said on the race radio broadcast, according to Pockrass. “We were side-by-side so Kyle was able to get a good draft down the straightaway.

“We got to Turn 1 and I was on the outside and then he knew if he didn’t clear me there that I would pass him back because I just had. So he just floored it and didn’t care there was someone out there and ran me right in the wall.”

This wasn’t the first time Busch has wrecked Kahne accidentally or intentionally, Kahne said.

“That’s just Kyle being Kyle,” Kahne told MRN.com. “He just races however he races.”

Busch finished 12th and moved up two positions to sixth in the Cup standings while Biffle’s car sustained only minor damage. He was able to finish 16th and improved from 16th to 14th in the Cup rankings.

Follow me @JerryBonkowski

1. Bouncer Criss - Jun 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

why didn’t TNT have a good camera angle for that wreck yesterday? Not a good start to your portion of the season when you don’t have cameras in a corner.

• sbblakey777 - Jun 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM

They screwed up all day. Like the audio repeating itself early in the race and pit reporters almost never being able to hear their cues. I’ve never liked the editing/production and I’ve never liked the TNT crew. Thank god it’s their last year.

2. warren2185 - Jun 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Funny how Kyle acted last week when Boyer ran him up into the wall. Kyle acted like a prima donna that never does anything wrong. Well, what do you say now Kyle?

• iwearshoesinhentucky - Jun 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Kahne ran himself into the wall by over driving.

• scarrylarry - Jun 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Hey iwearshoes, what race were you watching?

3. techmeister1 - Jun 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Payback can be Hell.

4. onextinter123onextinter123 - Jun 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hey, Kasey, grow a pair. Nascar is cutthroat racing at it’s finest. Every racer has his day to complain. Ever notice how you drivers always complain about the drivers that are better overall than you. Just shut-up and race.

• boonecash - Jun 9, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Major idiot.

• brianh1982 - Jun 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM

That’s an ignorant statement. CLEARLY Kyle ran him into the wall.

5. sandsautojinxieboy - Jun 9, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I like Kasey but all the drivers seem to get thin skinned and blame someone else for their crashes.Kyle seems to get blamed the most.Probably cause he is a much better driver than they,and they are jealous.Bring back the old days of Allison and Yarborough,Rusty and Walltrip etc.

• boonecash - Jun 9, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Idiot

6. alongthegulf - Jun 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Kacey Kahne has been less than impressive on the track this year. He’s not having the season both Kasey and Hendricks want. To this point, he is the most disappointing Hendricks’ driver. I’m sure he’s felling the pressure and hearing the rumors that have been flying about his future with Hendricks. Kahne feels the need to lash out at other drivers to explain his poor finishes.

Kahne has talent. But his history is to start fast for any organization he drives for, then start to fade after year 2 or 3. Kasey has been a team jumper in the past, always looking for a better ride. He always wanted to drive for Hendricks. Now he has the ride he always wanted, but doesn’t have the finishes he wants. The pressure is mounting on Kahne to produce. Wrecks happen to every driver. Kasey needs to move on. It’s time for Kasey to show what type of driver he is.

7. manik56 - Jun 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM

TNT’s coverage is just brutal. They miss so much and their idea of analysis amounts to what me and two random people from the crowd can do.

• wndowman - Jun 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I’m glad that I was not the only one with complaints on TNT’s coverage. NASCAR is not boring, ever. Until this last race. The announcers put me to sleep. The camera coverage was not where it should have been. And when they did have the camera angles, they weren’t used.

Just simply boring coverage. I hope they get better, cause there is a lot of season left.

• harrycanyon - Jun 9, 2014 at 9:43 PM

and worst of all, they have to bring Larry McReynolds with them. He makes a boradcast hard to listen to.

8. boonecash - Jun 9, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Kyle bushleague drives with emotion only. He has zero ability to drive any other way. That works in the minors, but in Cup racing he’s middle of the pack. Unable to intimidate the big boys.

9. dcollins22585 - Jun 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I’m pretty sure KK is on drugs. TNT coverage horrendous. Did not know what happened to Brad until after the race. INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. lorentrooki - Jun 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM

News Flash!!!! It wasn’t Kane’s fault!!!!!
    TNT, is ten times better than FOX. If for nothing else the way they give the race rundown.

11. grgstrickland - Jun 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

cryle bush has wrecked kayne several times,about time for kasey to start payback if he don’t bush will keep on wrecking him.

• scarrylarry - Jun 9, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Your right, notice the JGR Team doesn’t mess with Bad Brad or Joey L. Paybacks a bitch

12. stew48 - Jun 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM

With Kyle Petty, I don’t hurry to watch and mute soon after he starts talking.

With all the complaints about the TV camera coverage, why is it that I haven’t read a word about what ABC/ESPN did to ruin the last five laps of a great race at Indy? (maybe the best last five laps ever) When those idiots went to split screen with girl friend/wife, I about lost it. Will never watch another ABC/ESPN race, period.

• scarrylarry - Jun 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Well stew48, I guess you won’t be watching any NASCAR after TerribleNascarTv (TNT). Because ABC/ESPN televises the remaining races. The great thing is, you can always listen to it on your SmartPhone or SiriusXm radio.

13. glear1 - Jun 9, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I had to work so I missed this race. I was able to hear at the vary end that my man had won. But I have heard that the cry baby idiot of all time is back. Kyle Petty with is bonner swag talk. Prediction and lousy assumptions of others he wished he could be. OMG I hopes it’s not true. I can’t stand to even look at that squirrel.

14. aug99 - Jun 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM

3M: Its time for you to get a real driver.
    BIFFLE HAS DONE NOTHING FOR YOU FOR YEARS !
    Get a young, talented,hungry, aggressive driver.
    There are many out there.

3M: YOU HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING FOR YOUR MILLIONS.

15. akboot - Jun 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Please, someone clock kryin kyle, I mean put his lights out for a few seconds. That’s the only way that little prik can be handled. Hope Gibbs sticks a foot in his rear end too. Maybe if one or both of these things happen he just might smarten up a little. He does act like a spoiled 10 year old. I know my 10 yr. old has better sense than he does.

• scarrylarry - Jun 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM

He stays away from Richard Childress. LOL BTW, Gibbs hates to have his cars wrecked. IF–> Kasey would just do damage to the Kryin Kyle Kar JGR would tell him to stay clear of Kasey.

16. quithatin - Jun 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Lmao Kyle is middle of the pack? Let’s all pull over and let Hendricks through. Haha. How many cup races has Jr and Kane won combined? 18 baby!!!!!!

• scarrylarry - Jun 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I hate to tell you this,,,,,BUT>>>>>>KRYLE is a consistent top 18 finisher. That makes him, in the Cup Series just a little better than a middle of the pack driver. AND YES, he is a great BUSH Leaguer in the Nationwide and trucks.

17. enmahrr - Jun 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I “HAD” to Comment… I took Up “Rooting” for “Kahn” when “Awesome Bill”, “Hung it UP”! Granted Kasey has made a few mistakes… BUT I’ve seen “BUSCH” WRECK him 4 or 5 Times! Couple “THAT” with the “Moron” running the “Pit Crew”, Putting Him Back in the “Pack”, when he is “Close to the Front”!, so he gets “Caught Up or Wrecked”, by other “Morons”! Makes me Think: “THE FIX is IN”, to make him “Look Bad”, or make him want to, “MOVE ON”!

18. enmahrr - Jun 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Hell… I better get “Glasses”, I meant KAHNE!

Video from NASCAR America

Who has the best chance in Texas?
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches