Jun 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
If you’re planning on enjoying next year’s Daytona 500 in person – or if you’re still just mulling over the idea – then your chance to score tickets has almost arrived.
Tickets for the 2015 running of The Great American Race – which kicks off the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season on February 22, 2015 – start at $65 and go on sale tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. ET.
Fans will have the option to pick spots from among the 40,000 new seats that are being added at Daytona International Speedway’s Turn 1 as part of the track’s Daytona Rising project.
“The Daytona 500 is the pinnacle of racing excitement, creating our sport’s most memorable moments while crowning the legends of NASCAR each and every year,” DIS president Joie Chitwood III said in a statement.
“In 2015, fans can enjoy all the pageantry and thrill of ‘The Great American Race’ in person, and preview some of the new amenities. … All of Daytona Rising debuts in 2016 and the best way for fans to guarantee their spot for the grand opening is to be here next year and get on the renewal list early.”
The Daytona Rising renovation is worth $400 million and, when fully completed, will leave DIS as a 101,000-seat stadium with expanded entrances, social areas, and more concessions and restrooms.
On Tuesday, fans can also purchase tickets for the other Daytona Speedweeks events, including the Sprint Unlimited and the season openers for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series.
Tickets can be bought at the track’s website or box office, and by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 5
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0