Jun 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ryan Briscoe has carved out a good career for himself, having competed and won in both the Verizon IndyCar Series and sports cars for some of the sport’s most important teams.
But it’s safe to assume all of his on-track accomplishments pale in comparison to becoming a father. Days before he got the call to join up with Chip Ganassi Racing last December, Briscoe and wife Nicole welcomed their first child – a daughter, Finley.
This Father’s Day will mark Briscoe’s first as a Dad, and as he explained recently to Robert Nickell of MyLifeAsADad.com, raising Finley has been memorable for him.
“Each week, each month has gotten better and better for me,” he said. “She gives so much more back. She’s laughing, smiling, and it’s just an amazing experience.”
You can hear more about Briscoe’s introduction to fatherhood in the first video below. Also, Nickell caught up with two more IndyCar veterans, recent Texas winner Ed Carpenter and Helio Castroneves, who discussed some of their own experiences as fathers. Those clips are below, too.
The Verizon IndyCar Series returns June 28 and 29 at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN with the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 90
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 5
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 15
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1