Jun 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Ryan Briscoe has carved out a good career for himself, having competed and won in both the Verizon IndyCar Series and sports cars for some of the sport’s most important teams.
But it’s safe to assume all of his on-track accomplishments pale in comparison to becoming a father. Days before he got the call to join up with Chip Ganassi Racing last December, Briscoe and wife Nicole welcomed their first child – a daughter, Finley.
This Father’s Day will mark Briscoe’s first as a Dad, and as he explained recently to Robert Nickell of MyLifeAsADad.com, raising Finley has been memorable for him.
“Each week, each month has gotten better and better for me,” he said. “She gives so much more back. She’s laughing, smiling, and it’s just an amazing experience.”
You can hear more about Briscoe’s introduction to fatherhood in the first video below. Also, Nickell caught up with two more IndyCar veterans, recent Texas winner Ed Carpenter and Helio Castroneves, who discussed some of their own experiences as fathers. Those clips are below, too.
The Verizon IndyCar Series returns June 28 and 29 at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN with the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1