Jun 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Ryan Briscoe has carved out a good career for himself, having competed and won in both the Verizon IndyCar Series and sports cars for some of the sport’s most important teams.
But it’s safe to assume all of his on-track accomplishments pale in comparison to becoming a father. Days before he got the call to join up with Chip Ganassi Racing last December, Briscoe and wife Nicole welcomed their first child – a daughter, Finley.
This Father’s Day will mark Briscoe’s first as a Dad, and as he explained recently to Robert Nickell of MyLifeAsADad.com, raising Finley has been memorable for him.
“Each week, each month has gotten better and better for me,” he said. “She gives so much more back. She’s laughing, smiling, and it’s just an amazing experience.”
You can hear more about Briscoe’s introduction to fatherhood in the first video below. Also, Nickell caught up with two more IndyCar veterans, recent Texas winner Ed Carpenter and Helio Castroneves, who discussed some of their own experiences as fathers. Those clips are below, too.
The Verizon IndyCar Series returns June 28 and 29 at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN with the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6