Jun 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ryan Briscoe has carved out a good career for himself, having competed and won in both the Verizon IndyCar Series and sports cars for some of the sport’s most important teams.
But it’s safe to assume all of his on-track accomplishments pale in comparison to becoming a father. Days before he got the call to join up with Chip Ganassi Racing last December, Briscoe and wife Nicole welcomed their first child – a daughter, Finley.
This Father’s Day will mark Briscoe’s first as a Dad, and as he explained recently to Robert Nickell of MyLifeAsADad.com, raising Finley has been memorable for him.
“Each week, each month has gotten better and better for me,” he said. “She gives so much more back. She’s laughing, smiling, and it’s just an amazing experience.”
You can hear more about Briscoe’s introduction to fatherhood in the first video below. Also, Nickell caught up with two more IndyCar veterans, recent Texas winner Ed Carpenter and Helio Castroneves, who discussed some of their own experiences as fathers. Those clips are below, too.
The Verizon IndyCar Series returns June 28 and 29 at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN with the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6