Jun 10, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
This year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans features a bevy of different manufacturers and chassis/engine combinations.
There’s 27 prototypes, split between 9 LMP1 and 17 LMP2 plus the experimental Nissan ZEOD-RC, and 28 GTE cars, split 9-19 between GTE-Pro and GT-Am.
Here’s a breakdown by car:
- 3 Audi R18 e-tron quattros, LMP1-H (Nos. 1, 2, 3)
- 2 Toyota TS040 Hybrids, LMP1-H (Nos. 7, 8)
- 2 Porsche 919 Hybrids, LMP1-H (Nos. 14, 20)
- 2 Rebellion R-One Toyotas, LMP1-L (Nos. 12, 13)
- 5 Oreca 03 Nissans (Nos. 24, 27, 37, 47, 48)
- 3 Zytek Z11 SN Nissans (Nos. 38, 41, 42)
- 2 Morgan Nissans (Nos. 26, 29)
- 2 Morgan Judds (Nos. 43, 50)
- 2 Ligier JS P2 Nissans (Nos. 35, 46)
- 1 Ligier JS P2 HPD (No. 33)
- 1 Oreca 03 Judd (No. 34)
- 1 Alpine A450 Nissan (No. 36)
- 3 Ferrari F458 Italias (Nos. 51, 52, 71)
- 2 Corvette C7.Rs (Nos. 73, 74)
- 2 Porsche 911 RSRs (Nos. 91, 92)
- 2 Aston Martin Vantages (Nos. 97, 99)
- 11 Ferrari F458 Italias (Nos. 53, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 66, 70, 72, 81, 90)
- 4 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Nos. 67, 75, 76, 79)
- 2 Porsche 911 RSR (Nos. 77, 88)
- 2 Aston Martin Vantage (Nos. 95, 98)
Garage 56 (1):
- Nissan ZEOD-RC (No. 0)
Nissan leads the way in terms of engines as it supplies 13 of the 17 cars in LMP2, and has the experimental Nissan ZEOD-RC. Ferrari, with 14, leads the GTE ranks.
Also of note, all cars run on Michelin tires except in LMP2. Only Cars 24, 27, 33, 37 and 50 run on Michelins in LMP2, so there’s 12 Dunlop entries out of 17 cars.
But making up the balance, that’s 43 Michelin-shod cars in the field of 55 compared to 12 Dunlops.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Ricciardo full of praise for Austin and the Circuit of the Americas ahead of next weekend’s race.
The man behind the sculptures: William Behrends’ presence endures for Borg-Warner Trophy, and Giants legends
Oct 24, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Statues outside AT&T Park and the faces on the Borg-Warner Trophy share a common thread, in sculptor William Behrends.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Dr. Jean-Francois Payen says that he has noticed some progress in Schumacher’s recovery.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Sauber also complete a test in Spain with Adderly Fong and Roy Nissany.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Just like Arrows and Super Aguri before it, Caterham is on its last legs. However, it is going out in far less dignified fashion.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
Finnbarr O’Connell is now in charge at Leafield as the team prepares for a race against time to make the United States GP in Austin next weekend.
Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday
Oct 23, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
This is a column that should never have been written, about an event that never should have happened.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
Legendary motorsports team owner and innovator — and Kentucky native — Jack Roush will be inducted this Saturday into the Kentucky Motorsports Hall of Fame. Roush was born in Covington, Ky.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Kyle Petty joined Dave Briggs to mark the 10-year anniversary of the Hendrick Motorsports plane crash and how the team recovered from it.
Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months
Oct 23, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
For the second time in 18 months, police in the area of Talladega Superspeedway are investigating the disappearance of a race fan who had intended to go to the Sprint Cup race at the 2.66-mile racetrack.
Enrique Contreras III, nephew of Carlos Contreras, to make first NASCAR truck race start at Martinsville
Oct 23, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Enrique Contreras III, nephew of veteran Mexican racer Carlos Contreras, will make his NASCAR debut in Saturday’s Camping World Truck Race at Martinsville Speedway.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
GTSport Racing returns with Jack Baldwin and Buz McCall.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Martinsville preview on tap in Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Marsh, Cameron on the move to Action Express.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Fernandes claims he didn’t receive full payment for Caterham, the new owners claim they haven’t received their shares, Bernie Ecclestone says he is trying to remedy the situation – but all the while, workers are locked out of the factory, putting the team’s hopes of making Austin in doubt.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Brendan Gaughan back for another year with RCR in XFINITY.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Sergio Perez, Felipe Massa and Esteban Gutierrez signed up for COTA fan forum.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Wurth renews for multiyear deal.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski is flattered people might compare him with the late Dale Earnhardt, but he’ll be the first to say he’s not the new Intimidator in NASCAR.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
Perhaps the greatest collection of original Indianapolis 500 pace cars will soon be on display at an upcoming car show in suburban Chicago.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 11
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10