Jun 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
One of the things that’s always cool to watch at the 24 Hours of Le Mans is the American presence. Here’s a quick primer on the 18 American drivers (4 LMP2, 2 GTE-Pro, 12 GTE-Am) in this year’s race:
- David Cheng, Chinese-born but sharing U.S. and Hong Kong residence, makes his 24 Hours of Le Mans debut in the No. 33 OAK Racing Team Asia Ligier JS P2 HPD in LMP2. Cheng is the 2013 Asian Le Mans Series champion and also has a PC class win at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on his resume.
- Matt McMurry and Chris Dyson share the seat of the No. 42 Caterham Racing Zytek Z11SN Nissan (LMP2). McMurry, 16, will set a record as the youngest driver ever to compete at Le Mans and is Dyson Racing’s first Junior Development Driver. Mentor and teammate Dyson returns to Le Mans as a driver for the first time since 2009.
- The brothers Ricky and Jordan Taylor, who drive for Wayne Taylor Racing in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, are split at Le Mans. Ricky will co-drive the No. 50 Larbre Competition Morgan Judd in LMP2; Jordan is one of two Americans in Corvette Racing’s six-driver lineup, sharing the No. 73 Corvette C7.R.
- Former Le Mans class winner Tommy Milner shares the No. 74 Corvette C7.R. He and Jordan Taylor are the only two Americans in the GTE-Pro class.
- South African born Mark Patterson races under U.S. nationality and shares the No. 53 Ram Racing Ferrari F458 Italia in GTE-Am.
- One of only four U.S.-entered teams, Krohn Racing was a late GTE-Am entrant due to Strakka Racing’s withdrawal and team principal Tracy Krohn is again back in the No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia.
- Bronze-rated gentlemen drivers Peter Ashley Mann (No. 60) and Howard Blank (No. 62) are in two of AF Corse’s four GTE-Am entered Ferrari F458 Italias.
- Flying Lizard Motorsports TUDOR United SportsCar Championship drivers Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly are two of the three drivers in the GTE-Am No. 66 JMW Motorsport Ferrari F458 Italia.
- Dempsey Racing’s GTE-Am entry with Proton Competition (No. 77) features the only all-American driver lineup: Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster and Patrick Long.
- A pair of Americans, Cooper MacNeil and Bret Curtis (No. 79) will be in the WeatherTech-backed Proton Competition Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, a 2012-spec car in GTE-Am.
- Frankie Montecalvo (No. 90) replaces Enzo Potolicchio in the 8Star Motorsports’ Ferrari F458 Italia.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
It lasts only four months, but there’ll be lots of action on the schedule for the 2015 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will be slinging some pre-Christmas dirt this Saturday in an all-star sprint car race in DuQuoin, Ill.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
One of Kurt Busch’s sponsors has joined team owner Gene Haas in backing the driver in his ongoing dispute with ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Want to have a good laugh or two? Check out all of the bloopers and behind-the-scenes fun from NASCAR America over this past year.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
NASCAR announced that a Camping World Truck Series crew member has been suspended for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
RoC, Mecum, and two F1 “Road To:” specials make for motors block on NBCSN tonight starting at 7 p.m. ET.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Will Power is a closet breakdancer? Who knew? Find out in the latest edition of The Penske Files.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Sauber’s 2015 car is the second to pass crash test.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
No Franchitti in 2015 as CGR announces Rolex 24 lineup.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Penske’s newest star to head to NFL’s biggest game.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:21 PM EST
Darrell Wallace Jr. joins Roush Fenway Racing.
Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age
Dec 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
In less than one year, Chase Elliott went from the driver of a start-up team to the youngest champion in NASCAR history.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Almirola broke into the Chase for the Sprint Cup with a rain-shortened win at Daytona in the summer.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The engineer market is busy in F1, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Kasey Kahne struggled at times in 2014, but there’s great promise for 2015 with a new contract, new crew chief and an extension from his primary sponsor.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
Di Montezemolo and Walsh now part of F1’s controlling shareholder Board of Directors.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
Menards stays with RCR’s XFINITY program.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Second SPM IndyCar seat up for grabs.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
NASCAR revealed the 2015 schedules for the Whelen Modified Tour and its Southwest Modified Tour, including a first-time visit at the legendary Hickory (NC) Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1