Jun 10, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Back in April, Red Bull announced that aerodynamicist Dan Fallows had joined the team as its Head of Aerodynamics. That led McLaren to plan legal action against the defending World Champions, as they mentioned that Fallows had signed with the Woking team in January.
But now, the two sides have come to an agreement in principle that will end their legal dispute.
“I have a handshake with [McLaren CEO Ron Dennis], which, being a gentleman and a man of his word, means we have an understanding,” Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said over the Canadian Grand Prix weekend in Montreal, which saw his driver, Daniel Ricciardo, claim his first Grand Prix win.
A McLaren spokesman added: “Ron and Christian have indeed discussed a number of outstanding issues recently, yes, and they have resolved them. As Christian says, a handshake is all you need with Ron.”
As part of Red Bull’s Fallows announcement in April, the team said that its former aero chief, Peter Prodromou, had been placed on ‘gardening leave’ ahead of his 2015 jump to McLaren.
That’s important, because it is believed that as part of this new agreement between Red Bull and McLaren to end the Fallows squabble, Prodromou could join the latter team earlier than expected; he is currently under contract to Red Bull until the end of 2014.
However, Horner refused to confirm that an early release for Prodromou is in the cards, saying: “That is for you to speculate and me to know.”
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1