Jun 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jamie McMurray and Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III looked the part during today’s Jacksonville Jaguars OTA practice.
They also got in a good workout as well.
Wearing Jaguars jerseys and helmets, shorts, and football cleats, the driver and promoter (pictured, left and right respectively, with Jags defensive end Ryan Davis) participated in half-an-hour’s worth of drills according to the Florida Times-Union that included stretching, conditioning, and even some kick returns.
McMurray and Chitwood were making the rounds to promote the upcoming Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.
“It’s crazy how big all the guys are and then to see how small some of them are, too,” McMurray said to the Times-Union. “You see them go up against each other, going for the same piece of property.”
You can check out more of McMurray’s experience with the Jaguars in tomorrow’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, which airs at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2