Jun 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jamie McMurray and Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III looked the part during today’s Jacksonville Jaguars OTA practice.
They also got in a good workout as well.
Wearing Jaguars jerseys and helmets, shorts, and football cleats, the driver and promoter (pictured, left and right respectively, with Jags defensive end Ryan Davis) participated in half-an-hour’s worth of drills according to the Florida Times-Union that included stretching, conditioning, and even some kick returns.
McMurray and Chitwood were making the rounds to promote the upcoming Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.
“It’s crazy how big all the guys are and then to see how small some of them are, too,” McMurray said to the Times-Union. “You see them go up against each other, going for the same piece of property.”
You can check out more of McMurray’s experience with the Jaguars in tomorrow’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, which airs at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1