Jun 10, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jamie McMurray and Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III looked the part during today’s Jacksonville Jaguars OTA practice.
They also got in a good workout as well.
Wearing Jaguars jerseys and helmets, shorts, and football cleats, the driver and promoter (pictured, left and right respectively, with Jags defensive end Ryan Davis) participated in half-an-hour’s worth of drills according to the Florida Times-Union that included stretching, conditioning, and even some kick returns.
McMurray and Chitwood were making the rounds to promote the upcoming Coke Zero 400 at Daytona.
“It’s crazy how big all the guys are and then to see how small some of them are, too,” McMurray said to the Times-Union. “You see them go up against each other, going for the same piece of property.”
You can check out more of McMurray’s experience with the Jaguars in tomorrow’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, which airs at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0