Jun 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
I’ll let the INDYCAR release speak for itself here, as post-Texas Motor Speedway penalties were announced Wednesday:
INDYCAR announced today post-event infractions from the Firestone 600, which was held June 7 at Texas Motor Speedway.
• INDYCAR officials have fined KVSH Racing driver Sebastien Bourdais $10,000 and placed him on probation for the remainder of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season. The member was found to have violated Rule 9.3.1 (Improper Conduct On-Track) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook during an incident with Justin Wilson on Lap 121 of the event at Texas Motor Speedway.
• INDYCAR officials have fined Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing $5,000 for a technical violation on its No. 67 Verizon IndyCar Series entry driven by Josef Newgarden. The entrant was found to have violated Rule 188.8.131.52.1a (Rear wing angle).
• INDYCAR officials have penalized Honda a total of 30 Engine Manufacturer Championship points for violation of Rule 16.5.1 (engine change under mileage). Honda engines were changed out in the Nos. 14, 25 and 28 entries. Each occurrence is a 10-point penalty incurred by the manufacturer.
The member may contest the imposition of the penalty pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10