Jun 11, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Officials from Volkswagen Rallycross DC have unveiled the new track layout for the third round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Series, to take place at the RFK Festival Grounds June 21-22. The 0.5-mile, combination tarmac and dirt course features ten turns of varying radius and speed, and the famous Red Bull Global Rallycross jump.
“The exhilarating new track we’re building on the RFK Festival Grounds will provide excellent racing for all the fans at Volkswagen Rallycross DC,” said Tim Mayer, General Manager, Volkswagen Rallycross DC. “The quick run down to the hairpin Turn 3 will be the site of many side-by-side passing attempts, and the tight, technical portion of the course after the jump will test drivers’ patience and the set-ups of these 600-horsepower Supercars.”
“The DC track map looks to be one of the best layouts to date from GRC, with fast straights and wide turns for proper passing,” added 2014 GRC X Games silver medalist and Maryland native, Bucky Lasek. “I’m really looking forward to showing my speed and race craft in front of the nation’s capital and my neighboring Maryland home.”
The event, set for Sunday, June 22, will air live on NBC at 2 p.m. ET.
- Hunter-Reay leads as times plunge in second practice at Sonoma 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6