Jun 11, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Officials from Volkswagen Rallycross DC have unveiled the new track layout for the third round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Series, to take place at the RFK Festival Grounds June 21-22. The 0.5-mile, combination tarmac and dirt course features ten turns of varying radius and speed, and the famous Red Bull Global Rallycross jump.
“The exhilarating new track we’re building on the RFK Festival Grounds will provide excellent racing for all the fans at Volkswagen Rallycross DC,” said Tim Mayer, General Manager, Volkswagen Rallycross DC. “The quick run down to the hairpin Turn 3 will be the site of many side-by-side passing attempts, and the tight, technical portion of the course after the jump will test drivers’ patience and the set-ups of these 600-horsepower Supercars.”
“The DC track map looks to be one of the best layouts to date from GRC, with fast straights and wide turns for proper passing,” added 2014 GRC X Games silver medalist and Maryland native, Bucky Lasek. “I’m really looking forward to showing my speed and race craft in front of the nation’s capital and my neighboring Maryland home.”
The event, set for Sunday, June 22, will air live on NBC at 2 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 5
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 16 — Kyle Larson, super-rookie 1