Jun 12, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for David and Jacquelyn Ragan.
The couple are the proud parents of their firstborn child, daughter Julia, born Wednesday.
“God blessed us today with a healthy little girl,” David Ragan said on his Facebook page. “(Perfect timing too) Mom and Julia are doing good!”
Veteran driver Mike Bliss had been on standby at both Dover and Pocono for Ragan in the event Julia wanted to make her appearance early.
Maybe that’s what Ragan meant by “perfect timing too” on his Facebook message: the birth came on the perfect day – right in the middle between leaving Pocono and preparing to go to Michigan for this Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400.
Best wishes, Mr. & Mrs. Ragan and welcome to the world, Julia.
Oh, and one more thing, particularly for David: Happy first Father’s Day!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0