Jun 12, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for David and Jacquelyn Ragan.
The couple are the proud parents of their firstborn child, daughter Julia, born Wednesday.
“God blessed us today with a healthy little girl,” David Ragan said on his Facebook page. “(Perfect timing too) Mom and Julia are doing good!”
Veteran driver Mike Bliss had been on standby at both Dover and Pocono for Ragan in the event Julia wanted to make her appearance early.
Maybe that’s what Ragan meant by “perfect timing too” on his Facebook message: the birth came on the perfect day – right in the middle between leaving Pocono and preparing to go to Michigan for this Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400.
Best wishes, Mr. & Mrs. Ragan and welcome to the world, Julia.
Oh, and one more thing, particularly for David: Happy first Father’s Day!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- McLaren to get Honda engine upgrade for Spa, post-summer break 0
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 12
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 6
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 14