Jun 12, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for David and Jacquelyn Ragan.
The couple are the proud parents of their firstborn child, daughter Julia, born Wednesday.
“God blessed us today with a healthy little girl,” David Ragan said on his Facebook page. “(Perfect timing too) Mom and Julia are doing good!”
Veteran driver Mike Bliss had been on standby at both Dover and Pocono for Ragan in the event Julia wanted to make her appearance early.
Maybe that’s what Ragan meant by “perfect timing too” on his Facebook message: the birth came on the perfect day – right in the middle between leaving Pocono and preparing to go to Michigan for this Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400.
Best wishes, Mr. & Mrs. Ragan and welcome to the world, Julia.
Oh, and one more thing, particularly for David: Happy first Father’s Day!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2