Jun 12, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for David and Jacquelyn Ragan.
The couple are the proud parents of their firstborn child, daughter Julia, born Wednesday.
“God blessed us today with a healthy little girl,” David Ragan said on his Facebook page. “(Perfect timing too) Mom and Julia are doing good!”
Veteran driver Mike Bliss had been on standby at both Dover and Pocono for Ragan in the event Julia wanted to make her appearance early.
Maybe that’s what Ragan meant by “perfect timing too” on his Facebook message: the birth came on the perfect day – right in the middle between leaving Pocono and preparing to go to Michigan for this Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400.
Best wishes, Mr. & Mrs. Ragan and welcome to the world, Julia.
Oh, and one more thing, particularly for David: Happy first Father’s Day!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 1
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53