Jun 12, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for David and Jacquelyn Ragan.
The couple are the proud parents of their firstborn child, daughter Julia, born Wednesday.
“God blessed us today with a healthy little girl,” David Ragan said on his Facebook page. “(Perfect timing too) Mom and Julia are doing good!”
Veteran driver Mike Bliss had been on standby at both Dover and Pocono for Ragan in the event Julia wanted to make her appearance early.
Maybe that’s what Ragan meant by “perfect timing too” on his Facebook message: the birth came on the perfect day – right in the middle between leaving Pocono and preparing to go to Michigan for this Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400.
Best wishes, Mr. & Mrs. Ragan and welcome to the world, Julia.
Oh, and one more thing, particularly for David: Happy first Father’s Day!
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0