Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Dario Franchitti’s hero and countryman Jim Clark was an inspiration, and the younger Scotsman has had the chance to sample some of the iconic Lotus machinery that Clark has driven in the past.
He’ll have the chance to add to that collection next month.
Franchitti will drive the Lotus 25, which was designed by Colin Chapman, built by Team Lotus and driven by Clark to the British Grand Prix victory at Silverstone in 1963 during the 50th Silverstone Grand Prix commemorative parade in early July.
Perhaps Franchitti’s finest moment in a Lotus came when he had the chance to sample Clark’s 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38.
Meanwhile here’s David Coulthard and Damon Hill making their own runs in the Lotus 25.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0