Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dario Franchitti’s hero and countryman Jim Clark was an inspiration, and the younger Scotsman has had the chance to sample some of the iconic Lotus machinery that Clark has driven in the past.
He’ll have the chance to add to that collection next month.
Franchitti will drive the Lotus 25, which was designed by Colin Chapman, built by Team Lotus and driven by Clark to the British Grand Prix victory at Silverstone in 1963 during the 50th Silverstone Grand Prix commemorative parade in early July.
Perhaps Franchitti’s finest moment in a Lotus came when he had the chance to sample Clark’s 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38.
Meanwhile here’s David Coulthard and Damon Hill making their own runs in the Lotus 25.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1