Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dario Franchitti’s hero and countryman Jim Clark was an inspiration, and the younger Scotsman has had the chance to sample some of the iconic Lotus machinery that Clark has driven in the past.
He’ll have the chance to add to that collection next month.
Franchitti will drive the Lotus 25, which was designed by Colin Chapman, built by Team Lotus and driven by Clark to the British Grand Prix victory at Silverstone in 1963 during the 50th Silverstone Grand Prix commemorative parade in early July.
Perhaps Franchitti’s finest moment in a Lotus came when he had the chance to sample Clark’s 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38.
Meanwhile here’s David Coulthard and Damon Hill making their own runs in the Lotus 25.
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0