Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dario Franchitti’s hero and countryman Jim Clark was an inspiration, and the younger Scotsman has had the chance to sample some of the iconic Lotus machinery that Clark has driven in the past.
He’ll have the chance to add to that collection next month.
Franchitti will drive the Lotus 25, which was designed by Colin Chapman, built by Team Lotus and driven by Clark to the British Grand Prix victory at Silverstone in 1963 during the 50th Silverstone Grand Prix commemorative parade in early July.
Perhaps Franchitti’s finest moment in a Lotus came when he had the chance to sample Clark’s 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38.
Meanwhile here’s David Coulthard and Damon Hill making their own runs in the Lotus 25.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0