Jun 12, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Congratulations go out to Verizon IndyCar Series team owner Sarah Fisher, who gave birth to her first son and second child on Thursday.
Fisher and husband Andy O’Gara became parents for the second time as son Daniel James came into the world at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The couple also has a daughter, Zoey, who will be three-years-old in September.
Fisher ended her racing career after the 2010 season to prepare for both motherhood as well as further expand her team ownership, which she began in 2008.
Shortly after Ed Carpenter (who won last week’s IndyCar race at Texas) presented Fisher with her first win as a team owner in October 2011, she subsequently formed a partnership with Kansas businessman Wink Hartman two months later that remains in existence today and is known as Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing.
Due to funding, the team is only a one-car operation this season with driver Josef Newgarden behind the wheel.
Mother and son, as well as dad and older sis are all doing well. We wish them great happiness.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 4
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3