Jun 12, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Jacques Villeneuve apparently had so much fun finishing 14th in this year’s Indianapolis 500 — the first time he’d been at the Brickyard since his victory there in 1995 — that he may be thinking about pursuing a full-time ride in IndyCar.
So says announcer and former racer Derek Daly, who tweeted a photo during last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix of himself, Adrian Fernandez and Villeneuve in Montreal.
There’s been no word yet from Villeneuve if he is indeed thinking about pursuing a full-time return to the U.S.-based open-wheel series. He’ll be racing this weekend in the World Rallycross race in Norway.
But if what Daly tweeted is true, we’d love to see Villeneuve back in IndyCar. In our mind, he not only still has some gas left in his tank, but he also likely has some unfinished business remaining.
Like winning another Indy 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Red Bull Global Rallycross begins doubleheader weekend in L.A. 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0