Jun 12, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Jacques Villeneuve apparently had so much fun finishing 14th in this year’s Indianapolis 500 — the first time he’d been at the Brickyard since his victory there in 1995 — that he may be thinking about pursuing a full-time ride in IndyCar.
So says announcer and former racer Derek Daly, who tweeted a photo during last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix of himself, Adrian Fernandez and Villeneuve in Montreal.
There’s been no word yet from Villeneuve if he is indeed thinking about pursuing a full-time return to the U.S.-based open-wheel series. He’ll be racing this weekend in the World Rallycross race in Norway.
But if what Daly tweeted is true, we’d love to see Villeneuve back in IndyCar. In our mind, he not only still has some gas left in his tank, but he also likely has some unfinished business remaining.
Like winning another Indy 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0