Jun 12, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Jacques Villeneuve apparently had so much fun finishing 14th in this year’s Indianapolis 500 — the first time he’d been at the Brickyard since his victory there in 1995 — that he may be thinking about pursuing a full-time ride in IndyCar.
So says announcer and former racer Derek Daly, who tweeted a photo during last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix of himself, Adrian Fernandez and Villeneuve in Montreal.
There’s been no word yet from Villeneuve if he is indeed thinking about pursuing a full-time return to the U.S.-based open-wheel series. He’ll be racing this weekend in the World Rallycross race in Norway.
But if what Daly tweeted is true, we’d love to see Villeneuve back in IndyCar. In our mind, he not only still has some gas left in his tank, but he also likely has some unfinished business remaining.
Like winning another Indy 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5