Jun 12, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Jacques Villeneuve apparently had so much fun finishing 14th in this year’s Indianapolis 500 — the first time he’d been at the Brickyard since his victory there in 1995 — that he may be thinking about pursuing a full-time ride in IndyCar.
So says announcer and former racer Derek Daly, who tweeted a photo during last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix of himself, Adrian Fernandez and Villeneuve in Montreal.
There’s been no word yet from Villeneuve if he is indeed thinking about pursuing a full-time return to the U.S.-based open-wheel series. He’ll be racing this weekend in the World Rallycross race in Norway.
But if what Daly tweeted is true, we’d love to see Villeneuve back in IndyCar. In our mind, he not only still has some gas left in his tank, but he also likely has some unfinished business remaining.
Like winning another Indy 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 4