Jun 13, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Chase Pistone made a late surge to the top of the speed charts in Friday’s first of two Camping World Truck Series practice sessions at Gateway Motorsports Park.
Pistone covered the suburban St. Louis track, hosting its first Truck Series race – Saturday’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 – since 2010, at a field-best speed of 136.141 mph.
Pistone achieved his top lap on the last of 21 practice laps.
Ironically, only eight drivers entered for Saturday night’s race have ever driven a truck at Gateway in past years.
A total of 27 trucks took to the track in the first practice.
A second practice session will be held from 7 to 9 pm ET Friday evening.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 12
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0