Jun 13, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Chase Pistone made a late surge to the top of the speed charts in Friday’s first of two Camping World Truck Series practice sessions at Gateway Motorsports Park.
Pistone covered the suburban St. Louis track, hosting its first Truck Series race – Saturday’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 – since 2010, at a field-best speed of 136.141 mph.
Pistone achieved his top lap on the last of 21 practice laps.
Ironically, only eight drivers entered for Saturday night’s race have ever driven a truck at Gateway in past years.
A total of 27 trucks took to the track in the first practice.
A second practice session will be held from 7 to 9 pm ET Friday evening.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0