Jun 13, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Chase Pistone made a late surge to the top of the speed charts in Friday’s first of two Camping World Truck Series practice sessions at Gateway Motorsports Park.
Pistone covered the suburban St. Louis track, hosting its first Truck Series race – Saturday’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 – since 2010, at a field-best speed of 136.141 mph.
Pistone achieved his top lap on the last of 21 practice laps.
Ironically, only eight drivers entered for Saturday night’s race have ever driven a truck at Gateway in past years.
A total of 27 trucks took to the track in the first practice.
A second practice session will be held from 7 to 9 pm ET Friday evening.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA’s Media Tour coverage continues at 4:30 p.m. ET 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 13
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25