Jun 13, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
But according to Patrick herself, neither Haas or anyone else has approached her about such an opportunity.
“I agree that anything is possible, but nobody has said anything to me,” she said in an interview with the Toronto Sun. “I am happy where I am at right now as far as racing goes.
“I am just starting to get the hang of Sprint Cup racing.”
Patrick, a former Verizon IndyCar Series racer that’s in her second full season of big-league stock car racing, added that while she would “certainly listen” to such an offer from her boss, “I am almost getting too old  to start a third career.”
Haas had initially downplayed the possibility of Patrick jumping from his NASCAR side to his F1 side during an interview with NBCSN at last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.
But in an interview with F1’s official website, Haas said that “she surely fits the bill” for being in F1 and would “attract a lot of attention.”
However, Patrick sounds like she knows that she would be better off continuing to learn the ins and outs of NASCAR.
“I think I just understand the commitment that is required to be successful at the Cup level now both on and off the track,” she said to the Sun. “Like being in the race shop, knowing what’s going on with the team at all times and being involved throughout all of it.”
“I feel the team is building better race cars and I think I am feeling the car better…That helps me relay better information to help make changes and send the car in the right direction.”
Some positive signs have been shown by Patrick, including a seventh-place finish last month at the 1.5-mile Kansas Speedway – her best-ever result in Sprint Cup.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0