Jun 13, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Menard posted a lap of 190.411 miles per hour in the No. 33 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet to take top honors in the first of two N’Wide practices today at MIS.
Larson, who drives for Turner Scott Motorsports in N’Wide, wasn’t too far behind Menard with a lap of 189.514 mph in the No. 42 Chevy. Behind him was Team Penske’s Joey Logano at 189.459 mph in the No. 22 Ford.
Two more Cup competitors were also quick this morning in N’Wide, with Kyle Busch in P6 (188.952) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in P8 (188.783). Earnhardt is running a special eBay-backed No. 88 JR Motorsports car for Saturday’s race.
The N’Wide group will have one more practice today from 2 to 3:25 p.m. ET. Qualifying will take place tomorrow morning at 10:40 a.m. ET.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5