Jun 13, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
In a fill-in role for Gray Gaulding, Justin Lofton was quickest in this evening’s second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice session at the 1.25-mile Gateway Motorsports Park outside St. Louis.
Lofton was second-quickest in Practice 1, but moved up to the top spot with a lap of 136.753 mph in the No. 20 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Chevy Silverado.
Gaulding is the normal driver of that NTS Motorsports-fielded Truck, but was in Pensacola, Florida today to compete in a K&N Pro Series East race. Once he’s done with that, Gaulding will return to Gateway and take over the No. 20 again.
Second-quickest in Practice 2 was Matt Crafton, who won last week at Texas and posted a lap of 136.558 miles per hour. Cole Custer was third in the session (136.397 mph), followed by Joey Coulter in fourth (136.108) and Practice 1 leader Chase Pistone in fifth (135.861).
The Trucks will have one more practice at 11 a.m. ET tomorrow, followed by qualifying at 5:10 p.m. ET and then the Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 8
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2