Jun 13, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
In a fill-in role for Gray Gaulding, Justin Lofton was quickest in this evening’s second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice session at the 1.25-mile Gateway Motorsports Park outside St. Louis.
Lofton was second-quickest in Practice 1, but moved up to the top spot with a lap of 136.753 mph in the No. 20 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Chevy Silverado.
Gaulding is the normal driver of that NTS Motorsports-fielded Truck, but was in Pensacola, Florida today to compete in a K&N Pro Series East race. Once he’s done with that, Gaulding will return to Gateway and take over the No. 20 again.
Second-quickest in Practice 2 was Matt Crafton, who won last week at Texas and posted a lap of 136.558 miles per hour. Cole Custer was third in the session (136.397 mph), followed by Joey Coulter in fourth (136.108) and Practice 1 leader Chase Pistone in fifth (135.861).
The Trucks will have one more practice at 11 a.m. ET tomorrow, followed by qualifying at 5:10 p.m. ET and then the Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2