Jun 13, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
In a fill-in role for Gray Gaulding, Justin Lofton was quickest in this evening’s second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice session at the 1.25-mile Gateway Motorsports Park outside St. Louis.
Lofton was second-quickest in Practice 1, but moved up to the top spot with a lap of 136.753 mph in the No. 20 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Chevy Silverado.
Gaulding is the normal driver of that NTS Motorsports-fielded Truck, but was in Pensacola, Florida today to compete in a K&N Pro Series East race. Once he’s done with that, Gaulding will return to Gateway and take over the No. 20 again.
Second-quickest in Practice 2 was Matt Crafton, who won last week at Texas and posted a lap of 136.558 miles per hour. Cole Custer was third in the session (136.397 mph), followed by Joey Coulter in fourth (136.108) and Practice 1 leader Chase Pistone in fifth (135.861).
The Trucks will have one more practice at 11 a.m. ET tomorrow, followed by qualifying at 5:10 p.m. ET and then the Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1