Jun 13, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
After leading the first Nationwide Series practice session today at Michigan International Speedway, Paul Menard continued to show quick pace in the final NNS practice before tomorrow’s qualifying and 250-mile race.
Menard, one of multiple Sprint Cup competitors in the NNS field this weekend, posted a lap of 191.088 miles per hour to lead the session ahead of Ty Dillon, Chris Buescher, Chase Elliott and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
In NNS competition at Michigan, Menard has posted three Top-5 finishes and an average finish of 8.5, his second-best average finish on active series tracks. This is his first NNS start of the year.
Dillon was P2 with a lap of 190.396 mph to ensure a 1-2 run for Richard Childress Racing, while Roush Fenway Racing’s Buescher went P3 with a lap of 189.984 mph.
Elliott , who is making his Michigan debut on Saturday, topped out at 189.848 mph – just ahead of JR Motorsports teammate Earnhardt (189.753).
Kyle Busch, Dylan Kwasniewski, Sam Hornish Jr., Joey Logano and Brian Scott rounded out the Top 10. Qualifying for Saturday’s Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 250 goes off at 10:40 a.m. ET tomorrow morning, followed by the race itself at 2 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52