Jun 13, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
After leading the first Nationwide Series practice session today at Michigan International Speedway, Paul Menard continued to show quick pace in the final NNS practice before tomorrow’s qualifying and 250-mile race.
Menard, one of multiple Sprint Cup competitors in the NNS field this weekend, posted a lap of 191.088 miles per hour to lead the session ahead of Ty Dillon, Chris Buescher, Chase Elliott and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
In NNS competition at Michigan, Menard has posted three Top-5 finishes and an average finish of 8.5, his second-best average finish on active series tracks. This is his first NNS start of the year.
Dillon was P2 with a lap of 190.396 mph to ensure a 1-2 run for Richard Childress Racing, while Roush Fenway Racing’s Buescher went P3 with a lap of 189.984 mph.
Elliott , who is making his Michigan debut on Saturday, topped out at 189.848 mph – just ahead of JR Motorsports teammate Earnhardt (189.753).
Kyle Busch, Dylan Kwasniewski, Sam Hornish Jr., Joey Logano and Brian Scott rounded out the Top 10. Qualifying for Saturday’s Ollie’s Bargain Outlet 250 goes off at 10:40 a.m. ET tomorrow morning, followed by the race itself at 2 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1