Jun 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
And by the end of the year, he’s going to be a Dad.
Just a few days before Father’s Day, the 21-year-old phenom from Chip Ganassi Racing has announced that he and his girlfriend are set to welcome their first child by the end of the year.
Life just keeps getting more and more momentous for him, doesn’t it? Even better: His Target sponsorship means he’ll get a killer discount on diapers.
“I really have been having a blast this year and there’s a lot of stuff going on,” Larson said to reporters today at Michigan International Speedway.
“Katelyn and I just found out we’re going to have a baby. It’s a really exciting time with how good the racing is going, new house and now that. So it’s been a lot of fun.”
As for this weekend, Larson will compete in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup events at MIS.
This will be Larson’s Cup debut on the two-mile oval, but he has competed there in NNS and ARCA. He finished second in last year’s NNS race after starting 11th.
Larson has some mojo going into Michigan after finishing fifth in his Cup debut at Pocono – another impressive run in a rookie season that’s been full of them.
All that’s left for Larson to do is get his first Cup win and vault himself and the No. 42 CGR team into the Chase. He’s currently 10th in the standings.
Video from NASCAR America
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 19
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6