Jun 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
And by the end of the year, he’s going to be a Dad.
Just a few days before Father’s Day, the 21-year-old phenom from Chip Ganassi Racing has announced that he and his girlfriend are set to welcome their first child by the end of the year.
Life just keeps getting more and more momentous for him, doesn’t it? Even better: His Target sponsorship means he’ll get a killer discount on diapers.
“I really have been having a blast this year and there’s a lot of stuff going on,” Larson said to reporters today at Michigan International Speedway.
“Katelyn and I just found out we’re going to have a baby. It’s a really exciting time with how good the racing is going, new house and now that. So it’s been a lot of fun.”
As for this weekend, Larson will compete in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup events at MIS.
This will be Larson’s Cup debut on the two-mile oval, but he has competed there in NNS and ARCA. He finished second in last year’s NNS race after starting 11th.
Larson has some mojo going into Michigan after finishing fifth in his Cup debut at Pocono – another impressive run in a rookie season that’s been full of them.
All that’s left for Larson to do is get his first Cup win and vault himself and the No. 42 CGR team into the Chase. He’s currently 10th in the standings.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1