Jun 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Mario Andretti has spent much of his life speeding — on the racetrack, of course.
But in a hilarious new video for Honda, the legendary race car driver fills the role of a cop who hands out tickets – “slow citations” to put an end to everyday slowness.
In other words, Andretti and his squad want people to pick up the pace in everything they do.
The premise of the video, which was shot in Chicago, was simple: Andretti and his team of actors – also outfitted as cops – walk up to unsuspecting residents of and visitors to the Windy City and issue them tickets for being too slow in their actions or activities.
The look on some of their faces is priceless.
The promotion is part of the Honda-sponsored and Andretti-led #FastestSeat competition, which puts winners of the contest in the jump seat of an Indy car piloted by the legendary Mario.
Check out the video below of “Officer Andretti.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1