Jun 13, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Mario Andretti has spent much of his life speeding — on the racetrack, of course.
But in a hilarious new video for Honda, the legendary race car driver fills the role of a cop who hands out tickets – “slow citations” to put an end to everyday slowness.
In other words, Andretti and his squad want people to pick up the pace in everything they do.
The premise of the video, which was shot in Chicago, was simple: Andretti and his team of actors – also outfitted as cops – walk up to unsuspecting residents of and visitors to the Windy City and issue them tickets for being too slow in their actions or activities.
The look on some of their faces is priceless.
The promotion is part of the Honda-sponsored and Andretti-led #FastestSeat competition, which puts winners of the contest in the jump seat of an Indy car piloted by the legendary Mario.
Check out the video below of “Officer Andretti.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1