Jun 13, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Ahead of next weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix, Red Bull has released a video previewing the race to mark its return to the calendar following 11 years away.
Austria last welcomed Formula 1 back in 2003 at the A1 Ring (as it used to be called), but the circuit soon became run down and fell into disrepair, causing it to fall off the calendar for 2004. In the same year, it stopped hosting any kind of motorsport events.
However, in 2008, Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz confirmed that he had bought the circuit, and began to redevelop it. Now, it is back to its best as a leading racing facility, and hosting a Formula 1 grand prix is undoubtedly the icing on the cake for Austrian motorsport after many years in the wilderness.
This video is a great way to preview one of the most unique circuits on the calendar ahead of next weekend’s race, which, by virtue of Mateschitz’s nationality, is also Red Bull’s first ever home event.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0