Jun 15, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
The second half of today’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway has had a disjointed start.
Hamlin took a glancing hit off the wall, while Almirola slid down to the infield grass. There, the front bumper of his No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford got stuck; he eventually was able to get out of there and head to the pits.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2