Jun 15, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
The second half of today’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan International Speedway has had a disjointed start.
Hamlin took a glancing hit off the wall, while Almirola slid down to the infield grass. There, the front bumper of his No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford got stuck; he eventually was able to get out of there and head to the pits.
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1