Jun 15, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
At NASCAR tracks, it’s common to have fans scrawl messages of support (or in Kyle Busch’s case, something else) along the SAFER Barrier or on the start/finish line before their heroes take to the track.
But at least one fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr. managed to express his/her support for NASCAR’s most popular driver at the exit of Michigan International Speedway’s pit lane – and right where the TV cameras would be able to see it.
NBC Sports’ NASCAR AMERICA host Rick Allen managed to catch them during today’s Quicken Loans 400, which has crossed the halfway mark. The messages are pretty easy to spot.
We’ll have to give that fan some points for being clever enough to know where the cameras were.
Stay tuned to MotorSportsTalk this afternoon for post-race coverage from Michigan.
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 1
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 3
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 0
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 4