Jun 15, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
At NASCAR tracks, it’s common to have fans scrawl messages of support (or in Kyle Busch’s case, something else) along the SAFER Barrier or on the start/finish line before their heroes take to the track.
But at least one fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr. managed to express his/her support for NASCAR’s most popular driver at the exit of Michigan International Speedway’s pit lane – and right where the TV cameras would be able to see it.
NBC Sports’ NASCAR AMERICA host Rick Allen managed to catch them during today’s Quicken Loans 400, which has crossed the halfway mark. The messages are pretty easy to spot.
We’ll have to give that fan some points for being clever enough to know where the cameras were.
Stay tuned to MotorSportsTalk this afternoon for post-race coverage from Michigan.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2