Jun 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of this weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship event at Bark River, Michigan. NBCSN will air the event on Sunday, July 13 at 5 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
TORC resumed its 2014 season this past weekend with a stop in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for the Throwdown in the U.P. at Bark River (Mich.) International Raceway.
Michigan resident Chad Hord delighted the locals with a win in Saturday’s PRO 2 race after leaders C.J. Greaves and Jeff Kincaid made contact late. The run-in slowed both of them down, allowing Hord the opportunity to capitalize and pass them both.
Saturday was not the best of days for Greaves altogether, as he also drew a black flag in the Pro Light race for an incident with Keegan Kincaid while the two raced for the lead before a mandatory yellow. Doug Mittag wound up picking up the win in that class, while Johnny Greaves captured the checkered flag in the PRO 4 race.
Father’s Day Sunday saw Kincaid win the PRO Light race, while C.J. Greaves bounced back with a runner-up effort. Keegan’s father, Jeff, won the PRO 2 race that was punctuated by a wild flip from Saturday PRO 2 winner Hord; he was OK after the flip, but was unable to continue the event.
Finally, Sunday closed out with Mark Jenkins going to the top step of the PRO 4 podium while Saturday’s PRO 4 winner, Johnny Greaves, suffered a lost tire early and did not finish in the Top 3.
TORC continues into the meat of its summer schedule with a trip to Crandon, Wisconsin on June 28-29 for the Big House Brawl – Rounds 7 and 8 of the 2014 season.
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 5
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 2
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 47
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0