Jun 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
If you notice the title on this YouTube video, it’s “VW Polo, Fun Cup, Brands Hatch 2014.”
It wasn’t exactly fun watching what some not-so-bright individual did during the race in this clip.
As you’ll see above, the unidentified driver took a private car onto the track during the race at the Brands Hatch circuit in Kent.
Compared to the usual canned but frustrated PR statements you often hear in such an obtuse situation – “This is unacceptable” or something of that ilk – it was actually refreshing to read MSV boss Jonathan Palmer’s quote to Autosport:
“I’m absolutely seething at this complete madness. It was deliberate and endangered competitors and his passengers,” he was quoted as saying.
And that’s what this was: madness.
Call it a security breach or a random 21-year-old seeking notoriety – which has certainly occurred – but it does serve as a perfect example of what not to do at a race track.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1