Jun 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
If you notice the title on this YouTube video, it’s “VW Polo, Fun Cup, Brands Hatch 2014.”
It wasn’t exactly fun watching what some not-so-bright individual did during the race in this clip.
As you’ll see above, the unidentified driver took a private car onto the track during the race at the Brands Hatch circuit in Kent.
Compared to the usual canned but frustrated PR statements you often hear in such an obtuse situation – “This is unacceptable” or something of that ilk – it was actually refreshing to read MSV boss Jonathan Palmer’s quote to Autosport:
“I’m absolutely seething at this complete madness. It was deliberate and endangered competitors and his passengers,” he was quoted as saying.
And that’s what this was: madness.
Call it a security breach or a random 21-year-old seeking notoriety – which has certainly occurred – but it does serve as a perfect example of what not to do at a race track.
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0