Jun 17, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Although Caterham F1 already has Robin Frijns and Alexander Rossi on its bench, it’s got another youngster to keep an eye on in the form of Englishman Will Stevens, who’s competing in Formula Renault 3.5 this year.
Stevens will have a go in the Caterham CT05 chassis on July 8 at the Silverstone test, which comes just after the British Grand Prix. It’ll be his first run in an F1 car in a year.
“It’ll be great to be back in an F1 car for the first time since the 2013 Silverstone test and with the amount of time I’ve already spent in the virtual car in the simulator, I can’t wait to see how it compares to the real thing,” said Stevens in a team release. “I’m sure we’ll have a busy run plan set for the day and my focus will be on doing the best job I can for the team, building on the work I’ve been doing all year in the sim at Leafield.”
Stevens ranks fourth in FR3.5 thus far with a win and two other podiums. As Frijns and Rossi are targeting F1 race seats next year, chances are Stevens is about 2-3 years away from arriving in F1 at the moment. At the very least, it’s a chance for actual seat time.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0