Jun 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, the June 29 round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, reveals a number of intriguing entry list news and notes. The race marks the first round where all four classes – Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona – race together in the same race since the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 15.
Additionally, the race is the third of four in this year’s Tequila Patron North American Endurance Championship.
Here’s the nuggets out of the entry list:
- Of the 13 P class entries, eight have gone for a three-driver lineup (Cars 2, 9, 10, 31, 42, 70, 01 and 07).
- Ho-Pin Tung will make his first TUDOR Championship start in OAK Racing’s No. 42 Morgan Nissan alongside Gustavo Yacaman and Alex Brundle, the latter of whom fills in for Olivier Pla.
- Chip Ganassi Racing’s No. 01 may take on a third driver, per Mike Hull who tweeted Tuesday, “01 for WG 6-hours – slight twist will be announced.” That slight twist could be either Sage Karam or Marino Franchitti alongside Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas; both Karam and Franchitti have driven with CGR’s P program this year, Franchitti won at Sebring and Karam has impressed in his handful of starts in both the TUDOR Championship and the Indianapolis 500.
- Oddly of the 10 PC cars, only one (No. 25 8Star Motorsports entry) features a three-driver lineup listed: Sean Rayhall will share with Tom Kimber-Smith and Eric Lux. You’d figure the Pro-Am class would take the opportunity to see teams add a paying third, but, all would need to be Silver-rated drivers. BAR1’s No. 88 car has all drivers TBA.
- In GTLM, Krohn Racing (No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia) has a designated third driver listed, in the form of Jaime Melo. Meanwhile SRT Motorsports has listed Jonathan Bomarito (No. 91) and Marc Goossens (No. 93) as respective third drivers for its two SRT Viper GTS-Rs; both would be pulling double duty between entries if they actually race both.
- Thus far only Cars 22, 27, 44, 51, 81 and 007 have three drivers in GT Daytona – or 6 of 21 cars.
- “TBA” is a frequent part of the entry list, appearing with Cars 18, 19, 46, 63, 71 and 73.
Sep 1, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Ed Carpenter Racing and Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing end as the top single-car teams in 2014, before merging in 2015.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Kasey Kahne saves his season in Atlanta, while Will Power changes his career in Fontana.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Carlos Munoz takes home the top rookie honors after a successful first full season in the Verizon IndyCar Series.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Honda’s motorsport chief provides an update on the company’s F1 engine progress.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
IndyCar championship banquet goes off quickly, smoothly with a good bit of humor.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
The result beats her previous high water mark of seventh this past May at Kansas.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
HAMPTON, Ga. — It was a rough night for a number of drivers in Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Atlanta, including Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer and Marcos Ambrose.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
Matt Kenseth enters the post-season with a second place result, while Clint Bowyer finds himself outside the Chase Grid going into next Saturday’s regular season finale.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
HAMPTON, Ga. – Kasey Kahne’s 17th career Sprint Cup win couldn’t have been any larger.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
HAMPTON, Ga. – It was not the comeback that Tony Stewart had hoped for.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Tony Stewart’s return to competition tonight at Atlanta Motor Speedway has encountered some trouble after a restart run-in with “Rowdy.”
Schumacher (TF), Hagan (FC), Line (PS), Krawiec (PSM) ones to beat in Monday’s NHRA U.S. Nationals finals
Aug 31, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Following Sunday’s final round of qualifying, Tony Schumacher (Top Fuel), Matt Hagan (Funny Car), Jason Line (Pro Stock) and Eddie Krawiec (Pro Stock Motorcycle) will lead their respective classes as No. 1 qualifiers for Monday’s final eliminations of the 60th annual Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals.
Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
HAMPTON, Ga. — There was no question which driver received the most applause and cheers during driver introductions prior to the start of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Aug 31, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Rush Truck Centers’ CEO: “We stand with Tony.”
Aug 31, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Matt Kenseth can clinch a spot in the post-season with a finish of seventh or better in tonight’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Aug 31, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
HAMPTON, Ga. — Atlanta Motor Speedway will honor longtime Atlanta-area broadcaster and motorsports reporter “Capt. Herb” Emory, who passed away in April at the age of 61, prior to Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race.
Aug 31, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Ryan Blaney uses a cross-over move on German Quiroga in the final corner and then beats him to the stripe, winning the Chevrolet Silverado 250.
Aug 31, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The 9-time U.S. Nationals champion dispatches Richie Crampton in the final of the Traxxas Shootout with a track-record speed of 328.54 mph.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The legal wranglings following the sale of the team look set to continue.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Former FIA president believes Mercedes made a mistake hanging its dirty laundry out for all to see.
Video from NASCAR America
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 0
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 1
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1