Jun 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, the June 29 round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, reveals a number of intriguing entry list news and notes. The race marks the first round where all four classes – Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona – race together in the same race since the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 15.
Additionally, the race is the third of four in this year’s Tequila Patron North American Endurance Championship.
Here’s the nuggets out of the entry list:
- Of the 13 P class entries, eight have gone for a three-driver lineup (Cars 2, 9, 10, 31, 42, 70, 01 and 07).
- Ho-Pin Tung will make his first TUDOR Championship start in OAK Racing’s No. 42 Morgan Nissan alongside Gustavo Yacaman and Alex Brundle, the latter of whom fills in for Olivier Pla.
- Chip Ganassi Racing’s No. 01 may take on a third driver, per Mike Hull who tweeted Tuesday, “01 for WG 6-hours – slight twist will be announced.” That slight twist could be either Sage Karam or Marino Franchitti alongside Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas; both Karam and Franchitti have driven with CGR’s P program this year, Franchitti won at Sebring and Karam has impressed in his handful of starts in both the TUDOR Championship and the Indianapolis 500.
- Oddly of the 10 PC cars, only one (No. 25 8Star Motorsports entry) features a three-driver lineup listed: Sean Rayhall will share with Tom Kimber-Smith and Eric Lux. You’d figure the Pro-Am class would take the opportunity to see teams add a paying third, but, all would need to be Silver-rated drivers. BAR1’s No. 88 car has all drivers TBA.
- In GTLM, Krohn Racing (No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia) has a designated third driver listed, in the form of Jaime Melo. Meanwhile SRT Motorsports has listed Jonathan Bomarito (No. 91) and Marc Goossens (No. 93) as respective third drivers for its two SRT Viper GTS-Rs; both would be pulling double duty between entries if they actually race both.
- Thus far only Cars 22, 27, 44, 51, 81 and 007 have three drivers in GT Daytona – or 6 of 21 cars.
- “TBA” is a frequent part of the entry list, appearing with Cars 18, 19, 46, 63, 71 and 73.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Get your calendars out and start marking up which series run where, when.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The team’s planned entry to F1 in 2016 takes another step forwards as the factory is completed.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Kevin Harvick makes his 500th career Sprint Cup start this Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
IndyCar takes the wraps off its 2015 schedule, with 17 races and a heavy jockeying of dates in the second half.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
The Bianchi family issues a new statement over three weeks on from Jules’ accident in Japan.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The MST writing team makes its picks ahead of the race in Austin, Texas.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The difficulties faced by Formula 1 in the United States seem to be long gone, with a great home in Austin, Texas and a booming fan base. Has the problem child of a market finally been righted?
Oct 29, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Behind the scenes of Lewis Hamilton’s day at the TODAY Show.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
When it comes to this weekend’s Toyota NHRA Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, John Force is taking his effort to win his record-extending 17th Funny Car championship to a high power. As in 16X.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Kelli Stavast talked with Jeff Gordon about the difficulties of advancing to the final round of the Chase.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
It was just a matter of time for NHRA Top Fuel drag racer Bob Vandergriff Jr., and now that time has come.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
With some of the things he says or does on the racetrack, Kyle Busch might seem like he’s all wet at times.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Hawksworth: “We’re here to win, to give 120 percent.”
Oct 29, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Downtown Austin gets treated to the first big event of the F1 weekend.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:54 PM EDT
Coming up today: More on this week’s critical test at Homestead-Miami Speedway; an in-depth look at the Drive for Diversity program; Parker Kligerman shows you what it takes to be tops at Texas in the NBC Sports iRacing Simulator.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After 10 delays to resolve the most serious charges against him stemming from a three-state police chase that reached speeds as high as 150-mph, will the 11th time finally be the charm for former NASCAR and World of Outlaws racer Tyler Walker?
Oct 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
A.J. Foyt’s Honda-powered team expands to two cars, with Jack Hawksworth joining Takuma Sato in the lineup.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
Even though it will only be his third appearance this season in the Nationwide Series, it’s kind of fitting that Florida native Scott Lagasse Jr. will compete in the third NNS race and season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
CORE autosport looks back on its fourth straight PC team title.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Voda will serve primarily as host for pre/post-race coverage of Sprint Cup and XFINITY Series events on NBC Sports.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1