Jun 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, the June 29 round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, reveals a number of intriguing entry list news and notes. The race marks the first round where all four classes – Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona – race together in the same race since the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 15.
Additionally, the race is the third of four in this year’s Tequila Patron North American Endurance Championship.
Here’s the nuggets out of the entry list:
- Of the 13 P class entries, eight have gone for a three-driver lineup (Cars 2, 9, 10, 31, 42, 70, 01 and 07).
- Ho-Pin Tung will make his first TUDOR Championship start in OAK Racing’s No. 42 Morgan Nissan alongside Gustavo Yacaman and Alex Brundle, the latter of whom fills in for Olivier Pla.
- Chip Ganassi Racing’s No. 01 may take on a third driver, per Mike Hull who tweeted Tuesday, “01 for WG 6-hours – slight twist will be announced.” That slight twist could be either Sage Karam or Marino Franchitti alongside Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas; both Karam and Franchitti have driven with CGR’s P program this year, Franchitti won at Sebring and Karam has impressed in his handful of starts in both the TUDOR Championship and the Indianapolis 500.
- Oddly of the 10 PC cars, only one (No. 25 8Star Motorsports entry) features a three-driver lineup listed: Sean Rayhall will share with Tom Kimber-Smith and Eric Lux. You’d figure the Pro-Am class would take the opportunity to see teams add a paying third, but, all would need to be Silver-rated drivers. BAR1’s No. 88 car has all drivers TBA.
- In GTLM, Krohn Racing (No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia) has a designated third driver listed, in the form of Jaime Melo. Meanwhile SRT Motorsports has listed Jonathan Bomarito (No. 91) and Marc Goossens (No. 93) as respective third drivers for its two SRT Viper GTS-Rs; both would be pulling double duty between entries if they actually race both.
- Thus far only Cars 22, 27, 44, 51, 81 and 007 have three drivers in GT Daytona – or 6 of 21 cars.
- “TBA” is a frequent part of the entry list, appearing with Cars 18, 19, 46, 63, 71 and 73.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
A double pole, double win debut weekend for Trevor Carlin’s team was a statement – but the team’s big takeaway was how different the U.S. environment is.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Helio Castroneves pulls an April Fool’s prank.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A challenging weekend for Scott Dixon occurs from qualifying through the race in St. Petersburg.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Pierre Gasly to test STR10 after Spanish Grand Prix weekend in May.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
While St. Petersburg had its positives as a weekend, Tony DiZinno reflects on two disconcerting themes that emerged from the race itself.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
ABC Supply steps up again, now as Pocono race title sponsor.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
Alexander Rossi looks ahead to the upcoming GP2 season.
Mar 31, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
Off the Grid Mexico kicks off with episode one of a six-part digital series.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Jann Mardenborough and two spectators were released after this weekend’s VLN crash at the Nurburgring.
Mar 31, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Subaru’s Red Bull GRC challenger revealed.
Mar 31, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
ESM recaps its test from the Prologue at Paul Ricard.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
IMS statement comes out after Indiana’s recent religious freedom legislation.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Catching up on the rest of the action from St. Petersburg, with a run through the moments of contact that triggered avoidable contact penalties.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Rolling Stones to play at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Mar 31, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Loose debris hit by a car, then goes over wall and hits a fan outside Turn 10 at St. Petersburg.
Mar 30, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Hawksworth, Filippi impress on opening outings with their new teams in St. Petersburg.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
IndyCar’s “old guard” reigned in St. Petersburg, as the new manufacturer aero kits debuted.
Mar 30, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Victory number 70 of the Italian’s remarkable Moto GP career.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
However, Williams test driver Susie Wolff believes that women should be reaching F1 in a more organic way.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
KVSH’s Bourdais gets result after a consistent drive; KV’s Coletti stars but fades after late race splash-and-dash for fuel.
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6