Jun 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The entry list for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, the June 29 round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, reveals a number of intriguing entry list news and notes. The race marks the first round where all four classes – Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona – race together in the same race since the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 15.
Additionally, the race is the third of four in this year’s Tequila Patron North American Endurance Championship.
Here’s the nuggets out of the entry list:
- Of the 13 P class entries, eight have gone for a three-driver lineup (Cars 2, 9, 10, 31, 42, 70, 01 and 07).
- Ho-Pin Tung will make his first TUDOR Championship start in OAK Racing’s No. 42 Morgan Nissan alongside Gustavo Yacaman and Alex Brundle, the latter of whom fills in for Olivier Pla.
- Chip Ganassi Racing’s No. 01 may take on a third driver, per Mike Hull who tweeted Tuesday, “01 for WG 6-hours – slight twist will be announced.” That slight twist could be either Sage Karam or Marino Franchitti alongside Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas; both Karam and Franchitti have driven with CGR’s P program this year, Franchitti won at Sebring and Karam has impressed in his handful of starts in both the TUDOR Championship and the Indianapolis 500.
- Oddly of the 10 PC cars, only one (No. 25 8Star Motorsports entry) features a three-driver lineup listed: Sean Rayhall will share with Tom Kimber-Smith and Eric Lux. You’d figure the Pro-Am class would take the opportunity to see teams add a paying third, but, all would need to be Silver-rated drivers. BAR1’s No. 88 car has all drivers TBA.
- In GTLM, Krohn Racing (No. 57 Ferrari F458 Italia) has a designated third driver listed, in the form of Jaime Melo. Meanwhile SRT Motorsports has listed Jonathan Bomarito (No. 91) and Marc Goossens (No. 93) as respective third drivers for its two SRT Viper GTS-Rs; both would be pulling double duty between entries if they actually race both.
- Thus far only Cars 22, 27, 44, 51, 81 and 007 have three drivers in GT Daytona – or 6 of 21 cars.
- “TBA” is a frequent part of the entry list, appearing with Cars 18, 19, 46, 63, 71 and 73.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:09 PM EST
Given the way the 2014 season turned out for him, Jimmie Johnson would have preferred to see the old Chase for the Sprint Cup format rather than the new elimination format.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
With Al-Anabi Racing now defunct, team owner Alan Johnson has picked up the remnants and intends on racing one Top Fuel dragster, with 2013 champ Shawn Langdon behind the wheel, in at least the first two races of the 2015 season.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:01 PM EST
Jeff Gordon wanted to see his successor continue on the legacy of the No. 24 car. Chase Elliott is happy to continue that tradition.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Mexican driver is excited for the return of his home grand prix in November, even if he won’t be racing.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
News and notes after Indy Lights wraps up its week of testing in Homestead.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:21 PM EST
Richard Childress Racing and Matt McCall have reached settlement on a lawsuit that sought to keep McCall from becoming Jamie McMurray’s crew chief for the 2015 season.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Mexican driver feels that Force India’s hunger can take the team up the grid this year.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Kenseth and DeWalt are back together, and the six-race sponsorship dates are revealed.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Ron Dennis makes clear that Alonso is locked into his new contract with the British team.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
Herald Scotland checks in with Dario Franchitti on his new life outside the cockpit.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Prepare for round two with Hamilton and Rosberg as they set their goals for the season ahead.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
With a combined age of 37, Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz Jr. forge the youngest line-up in F1 history in 2015.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Patriots or Seahawks? NASCAR’s top drivers make their picks for Sunday’s Big Game.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Watch a time lapse video of how the Ferrari SF15-T gets stickered up in advance of the 2015 season.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:21 AM EST
Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz Jr. lift the covers from the team’s 2015 car, marking its tenth year in F1.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Highlights from the special event featuring NASCAR drivers and former NFL stars.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
He may have risen rapidly up to a seat at Red Bull, but Daniil Kvyat is not feeling under pressure.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
All of the information you need for the first official F1 test of the year.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Despite the team enjoying a record-breaking year in 2014, Hamilton is confident that Mercedes can extend its advantage in the new season.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:23 AM EST
Wendell Scott’s induction to the NASCAR Hall of Fame completed a long journey for his family.
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0