Jun 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Got tens of thousands of dollars on you? If so, you could buy yourself the car that finished second in the 2011 Indianapolis 500.
After losing the National Guard sponsorship over the off-season, Panther Racing was unable to answer the bell for the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
One of its former chassis was used in this year’s Indianapolis 500 by James Davison and KV Racing Technology.
But Panther, the two-time series champions, still have some equipment left to sell and they’re putting it all up on eBay – including the aforementioned 2011 ‘500’ runner-up driven by J.R. Hildebrand (opening bid: $40,000).
The Hildebrand chassis pretty much comes with everything short of a Honda engine (although it does have the installation kit for such a powerplant).
Ditto for Panther’s 2009 ‘500’ chassis, which was driven by the late Dan Wheldon and is also up for sale with opening bids starting at $35,000.
Other items in the sale include: A running Buick V6-powered Lola from 1991, a shock dyno, three Chevrolet Gen II engines, and one Chevrolet Gen III engine.
So, if you’re a diehard IndyCar fan willing to spend lots of cash for a collectable or know a vintage racer that could use some new equipment, this may be a good opportunity for you.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 3
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5