Jun 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Got tens of thousands of dollars on you? If so, you could buy yourself the car that finished second in the 2011 Indianapolis 500.
After losing the National Guard sponsorship over the off-season, Panther Racing was unable to answer the bell for the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
One of its former chassis was used in this year’s Indianapolis 500 by James Davison and KV Racing Technology.
But Panther, the two-time series champions, still have some equipment left to sell and they’re putting it all up on eBay – including the aforementioned 2011 ’500′ runner-up driven by J.R. Hildebrand (opening bid: $40,000).
The Hildebrand chassis pretty much comes with everything short of a Honda engine (although it does have the installation kit for such a powerplant).
Ditto for Panther’s 2009 ’500′ chassis, which was driven by the late Dan Wheldon and is also up for sale with opening bids starting at $35,000.
Other items in the sale include: A running Buick V6-powered Lola from 1991, a shock dyno, three Chevrolet Gen II engines, and one Chevrolet Gen III engine.
So, if you’re a diehard IndyCar fan willing to spend lots of cash for a collectable or know a vintage racer that could use some new equipment, this may be a good opportunity for you.
Video from NASCAR America
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0