Jun 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Got tens of thousands of dollars on you? If so, you could buy yourself the car that finished second in the 2011 Indianapolis 500.
After losing the National Guard sponsorship over the off-season, Panther Racing was unable to answer the bell for the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
One of its former chassis was used in this year’s Indianapolis 500 by James Davison and KV Racing Technology.
But Panther, the two-time series champions, still have some equipment left to sell and they’re putting it all up on eBay – including the aforementioned 2011 ‘500’ runner-up driven by J.R. Hildebrand (opening bid: $40,000).
The Hildebrand chassis pretty much comes with everything short of a Honda engine (although it does have the installation kit for such a powerplant).
Ditto for Panther’s 2009 ‘500’ chassis, which was driven by the late Dan Wheldon and is also up for sale with opening bids starting at $35,000.
Other items in the sale include: A running Buick V6-powered Lola from 1991, a shock dyno, three Chevrolet Gen II engines, and one Chevrolet Gen III engine.
So, if you’re a diehard IndyCar fan willing to spend lots of cash for a collectable or know a vintage racer that could use some new equipment, this may be a good opportunity for you.
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0