Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Kasey Kahne was involved in an early incident during Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan, but did well to come back and finish fifth.
However, Kahne remains searching for that all-important victory that can put him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a third straight year.
11 races remain in the 2014 Sprint Cup regular season, so there’s time to put a win on the board. But according to NASCAR AMERICA analyst Kyle Petty, Kahne needs to do it fast.
You can check out Petty’s thoughts on the subject in the video above. And for more insight on America’s most popular form of motorsport, check out NASCAR AMERICA today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 0
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 4
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11