Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Kasey Kahne was involved in an early incident during Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan, but did well to come back and finish fifth.
However, Kahne remains searching for that all-important victory that can put him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a third straight year.
11 races remain in the 2014 Sprint Cup regular season, so there’s time to put a win on the board. But according to NASCAR AMERICA analyst Kyle Petty, Kahne needs to do it fast.
You can check out Petty’s thoughts on the subject in the video above. And for more insight on America’s most popular form of motorsport, check out NASCAR AMERICA today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1