Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Kasey Kahne was involved in an early incident during Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan, but did well to come back and finish fifth.
However, Kahne remains searching for that all-important victory that can put him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a third straight year.
11 races remain in the 2014 Sprint Cup regular season, so there’s time to put a win on the board. But according to NASCAR AMERICA analyst Kyle Petty, Kahne needs to do it fast.
You can check out Petty’s thoughts on the subject in the video above. And for more insight on America’s most popular form of motorsport, check out NASCAR AMERICA today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 0
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2
- Marcos Ambrose decision to leave RPM, NASCAR due to family, desire to return to Australia 4