Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Kasey Kahne was involved in an early incident during Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan, but did well to come back and finish fifth.
However, Kahne remains searching for that all-important victory that can put him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a third straight year.
11 races remain in the 2014 Sprint Cup regular season, so there’s time to put a win on the board. But according to NASCAR AMERICA analyst Kyle Petty, Kahne needs to do it fast.
You can check out Petty’s thoughts on the subject in the video above. And for more insight on America’s most popular form of motorsport, check out NASCAR AMERICA today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1