Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Kasey Kahne was involved in an early incident during Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 at Michigan, but did well to come back and finish fifth.
However, Kahne remains searching for that all-important victory that can put him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a third straight year.
11 races remain in the 2014 Sprint Cup regular season, so there’s time to put a win on the board. But according to NASCAR AMERICA analyst Kyle Petty, Kahne needs to do it fast.
You can check out Petty’s thoughts on the subject in the video above. And for more insight on America’s most popular form of motorsport, check out NASCAR AMERICA today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0