Jun 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Already a technology partner with Hendrick Motorsports, Panasonic has expanded their pact with the NASCAR juggernaut to include primary sponsorship for Jeff Gordon.
The three-year agreement will see Panasonic serve as the primary backer for Gordon’s No. 24 Chevrolet in two Sprint Cup events during the 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons.
Gordon will race the Panasonic colors this weekend at Sonoma Raceway and again on Aug. 31 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In all other events, Panasonic will be an associate sponsor for the No. 24.
Panasonic has worked with Hendrick since the 2007 season, providing the team with items such as laptops, cameras, projection units, and video production tools for their North Carolina headquarters.
However, this will be the company’s first foray into on-car branding since the alliance began.
“We use their technology across the organization, and it provides the best possible tools in every area, from competition to marketing to IT,” team owner Rick Hendrick said of Panasonic.
“To have them see more opportunities for their business and want to grow the relationship sends a very positive message.”
For Sonoma, the company will have its Toughbook line of computers on the No. 24’s quarter panels. You can check out the paint job below.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1