Jun 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Already a technology partner with Hendrick Motorsports, Panasonic has expanded their pact with the NASCAR juggernaut to include primary sponsorship for Jeff Gordon.
The three-year agreement will see Panasonic serve as the primary backer for Gordon’s No. 24 Chevrolet in two Sprint Cup events during the 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons.
Gordon will race the Panasonic colors this weekend at Sonoma Raceway and again on Aug. 31 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In all other events, Panasonic will be an associate sponsor for the No. 24.
Panasonic has worked with Hendrick since the 2007 season, providing the team with items such as laptops, cameras, projection units, and video production tools for their North Carolina headquarters.
However, this will be the company’s first foray into on-car branding since the alliance began.
“We use their technology across the organization, and it provides the best possible tools in every area, from competition to marketing to IT,” team owner Rick Hendrick said of Panasonic.
“To have them see more opportunities for their business and want to grow the relationship sends a very positive message.”
For Sonoma, the company will have its Toughbook line of computers on the No. 24’s quarter panels. You can check out the paint job below.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 13
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6