Jun 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Already a technology partner with Hendrick Motorsports, Panasonic has expanded their pact with the NASCAR juggernaut to include primary sponsorship for Jeff Gordon.
The three-year agreement will see Panasonic serve as the primary backer for Gordon’s No. 24 Chevrolet in two Sprint Cup events during the 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons.
Gordon will race the Panasonic colors this weekend at Sonoma Raceway and again on Aug. 31 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In all other events, Panasonic will be an associate sponsor for the No. 24.
Panasonic has worked with Hendrick since the 2007 season, providing the team with items such as laptops, cameras, projection units, and video production tools for their North Carolina headquarters.
However, this will be the company’s first foray into on-car branding since the alliance began.
“We use their technology across the organization, and it provides the best possible tools in every area, from competition to marketing to IT,” team owner Rick Hendrick said of Panasonic.
“To have them see more opportunities for their business and want to grow the relationship sends a very positive message.”
For Sonoma, the company will have its Toughbook line of computers on the No. 24’s quarter panels. You can check out the paint job below.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1