Jun 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Kelli Stavast caught up with Richard Petty Motorsports driver Marcos Ambrose to find out what he is like when he’s not behind the wheel of his race car.
The Australian native admits he really doesn’t have too much time off away from NASCAR’s short tracks, super speedways and road courses — like Sunday’s race at Sonoma Raceway — but when he does he likes to spend time with his family and work on engines.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 0
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0