Jun 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Kelli Stavast caught up with Richard Petty Motorsports driver Marcos Ambrose to find out what he is like when he’s not behind the wheel of his race car.
The Australian native admits he really doesn’t have too much time off away from NASCAR’s short tracks, super speedways and road courses — like Sunday’s race at Sonoma Raceway — but when he does he likes to spend time with his family and work on engines.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0