Jun 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Kelli Stavast caught up with Richard Petty Motorsports driver Marcos Ambrose to find out what he is like when he’s not behind the wheel of his race car.
The Australian native admits he really doesn’t have too much time off away from NASCAR’s short tracks, super speedways and road courses — like Sunday’s race at Sonoma Raceway — but when he does he likes to spend time with his family and work on engines.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1