Jun 18, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
In an age where sponsorships remain difficult to come by, it’s encouraging to hear Wednesday’s news that Toyota has extended its agreement to sponsor the annual Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway.
The final race of the existing deal is this weekend (June 20-22), capping off with Sunday’s Sprint Cup event, but the new agreement will extend the relationship between the auto manufacturer and the road course through 2017, track officials announced Wednesday.
Toyota has been co-sponsor of the race since 2007, and the new deal will extend it to a full decade. The automaker will also continue to provide the raceway’s official vehicle.
“Sonoma Raceway is one of the premier motor-sports venues on the West Coast and our partnership enables us to showcase the freshest line up of cars, trucks and SUVs in the industry,” Henry Hansel, president of the Northern California Toyota Dealer Advertising Association, said in a media release issued by the racetrack.
Added Sonoma Raceway president and general manager Steve Page, “We could not be more proud of our association with the Toyota brand, their terrific lineup of cars and trucks and the outstanding group of dealers in our region. We are grateful for their support of the raceway and the NASCAR event and look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0