WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET — Ricky Rudd on road course vs. oval racing; Ambrose’s Sonoma chances
Jun 18, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America is all about road courses as we continue the countdown to Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway.
Leigh Diffey is joined in our studios by Kyle Petty and one of the most proficient road course racers of his day, Ricky Rudd.
NASCAR’s Iron Man won six Sprint Cup Series races on the twisting, turning circuits of Sonoma and Watkins Glen and will share his secret to success at those places and what today’s drivers will have to do to reach victory lane, and how road courses are so different than ovals.
Also on Wednesday’s show:
* Kelli Stavast visits Richard Petty Motorsports to catch up with road course specialist Marcos Ambrose ahead of this weekend’s Sonoma race.
* Leigh, Kyle and Ricky contemplate other drivers with road course success who could sneak their way into the Chase with a win this weekend.
Watch today’s episode at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but in case you can’t be near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream it online or on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 5
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0