Jun 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
In 2008, IndyCar absorbed the remaining Champ Car assets, and the mergification of North American open-wheel racing was complete.
What didn’t come along was the Panoz DP01 chassis that served during the 2007 Champ Car season.
Thanks to the vintage race at IMS last weekend, we now have visuals – and more importantly, audio – of the turbocharged Panoz-Cosworth at IMS.
Yes, it’s only a 12-second long clip, but it offers a glorious, tantalizing “what if” prospect if these cars could have been carried over.
Even now… equivalency formulas, anyone?
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1