Jun 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
In 2008, IndyCar absorbed the remaining Champ Car assets, and the mergification of North American open-wheel racing was complete.
What didn’t come along was the Panoz DP01 chassis that served during the 2007 Champ Car season.
Thanks to the vintage race at IMS last weekend, we now have visuals – and more importantly, audio – of the turbocharged Panoz-Cosworth at IMS.
Yes, it’s only a 12-second long clip, but it offers a glorious, tantalizing “what if” prospect if these cars could have been carried over.
Even now… equivalency formulas, anyone?
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 1
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 3
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 0
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 4