Jun 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
In 2008, IndyCar absorbed the remaining Champ Car assets, and the mergification of North American open-wheel racing was complete.
What didn’t come along was the Panoz DP01 chassis that served during the 2007 Champ Car season.
Thanks to the vintage race at IMS last weekend, we now have visuals – and more importantly, audio – of the turbocharged Panoz-Cosworth at IMS.
Yes, it’s only a 12-second long clip, but it offers a glorious, tantalizing “what if” prospect if these cars could have been carried over.
Even now… equivalency formulas, anyone?
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1