Jun 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
In 2008, IndyCar absorbed the remaining Champ Car assets, and the mergification of North American open-wheel racing was complete.
What didn’t come along was the Panoz DP01 chassis that served during the 2007 Champ Car season.
Thanks to the vintage race at IMS last weekend, we now have visuals – and more importantly, audio – of the turbocharged Panoz-Cosworth at IMS.
Yes, it’s only a 12-second long clip, but it offers a glorious, tantalizing “what if” prospect if these cars could have been carried over.
Even now… equivalency formulas, anyone?
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52