Jun 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
In 2008, IndyCar absorbed the remaining Champ Car assets, and the mergification of North American open-wheel racing was complete.
What didn’t come along was the Panoz DP01 chassis that served during the 2007 Champ Car season.
Thanks to the vintage race at IMS last weekend, we now have visuals – and more importantly, audio – of the turbocharged Panoz-Cosworth at IMS.
Yes, it’s only a 12-second long clip, but it offers a glorious, tantalizing “what if” prospect if these cars could have been carried over.
Even now… equivalency formulas, anyone?
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1