Jun 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Ricky Rudd and Kyle Petty described the physicality that goes into driving a road course compared to a normal oval track.
Rudd, a former winner at the site of this week’s road course race (Sonoma), says drivers really get beat up in the car due to all of the rises and dips in the track.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 1
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 5
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 8
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2