Jun 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Ricky Rudd and Kyle Petty described the physicality that goes into driving a road course compared to a normal oval track.
Rudd, a former winner at the site of this week’s road course race (Sonoma), says drivers really get beat up in the car due to all of the rises and dips in the track.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14