Jun 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
With NASCAR Sprint Cup activities at Sonoma Raceway set to begin tomorrow, former Cup drivers Kyle Petty and Ricky Rudd had plenty of thoughts on the weekend ahead in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA.
Petty and Rudd (who earned six road-course wins in his Cup career) talked about the chances for two of NASCAR’s top current road racers in Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. They also discussed what drivers are looking for out of their cars on such tracks.
As for the Camping World Truck Series, they have the weekend off after racing last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park. Darrell Wallace Jr. won that race and it appears that he’s impressed Petty and Rudd, who also touched on his progress in Kyle Busch‘s No. 54 Truck.
NASCAR AMERICA returns tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for your online/mobile device. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 17
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0