Jun 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With NASCAR Sprint Cup activities at Sonoma Raceway set to begin tomorrow, former Cup drivers Kyle Petty and Ricky Rudd had plenty of thoughts on the weekend ahead in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA.
Petty and Rudd (who earned six road-course wins in his Cup career) talked about the chances for two of NASCAR’s top current road racers in Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. They also discussed what drivers are looking for out of their cars on such tracks.
As for the Camping World Truck Series, they have the weekend off after racing last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park. Darrell Wallace Jr. won that race and it appears that he’s impressed Petty and Rudd, who also touched on his progress in Kyle Busch‘s No. 54 Truck.
NASCAR AMERICA returns tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for your online/mobile device. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 0
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 13
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2