Jun 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
With NASCAR Sprint Cup activities at Sonoma Raceway set to begin tomorrow, former Cup drivers Kyle Petty and Ricky Rudd had plenty of thoughts on the weekend ahead in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA.
Petty and Rudd (who earned six road-course wins in his Cup career) talked about the chances for two of NASCAR’s top current road racers in Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. They also discussed what drivers are looking for out of their cars on such tracks.
As for the Camping World Truck Series, they have the weekend off after racing last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park. Darrell Wallace Jr. won that race and it appears that he’s impressed Petty and Rudd, who also touched on his progress in Kyle Busch‘s No. 54 Truck.
NASCAR AMERICA returns tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for your online/mobile device. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar champ Will Power has hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17