Jun 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With NASCAR Sprint Cup activities at Sonoma Raceway set to begin tomorrow, former Cup drivers Kyle Petty and Ricky Rudd had plenty of thoughts on the weekend ahead in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA.
Petty and Rudd (who earned six road-course wins in his Cup career) talked about the chances for two of NASCAR’s top current road racers in Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. They also discussed what drivers are looking for out of their cars on such tracks.
As for the Camping World Truck Series, they have the weekend off after racing last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park. Darrell Wallace Jr. won that race and it appears that he’s impressed Petty and Rudd, who also touched on his progress in Kyle Busch‘s No. 54 Truck.
NASCAR AMERICA returns tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for your online/mobile device. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0