Jun 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With NASCAR Sprint Cup activities at Sonoma Raceway set to begin tomorrow, former Cup drivers Kyle Petty and Ricky Rudd had plenty of thoughts on the weekend ahead in today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA.
Petty and Rudd (who earned six road-course wins in his Cup career) talked about the chances for two of NASCAR’s top current road racers in Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. They also discussed what drivers are looking for out of their cars on such tracks.
As for the Camping World Truck Series, they have the weekend off after racing last weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park. Darrell Wallace Jr. won that race and it appears that he’s impressed Petty and Rudd, who also touched on his progress in Kyle Busch‘s No. 54 Truck.
NASCAR AMERICA returns tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for your online/mobile device. For more clips, be sure to check out the show’s archive page.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0