Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Sage Karam will make his next start of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the third round of the 2014 Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, co-driving the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost Riley with Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Karam starred at both Daytona (No. 01) and Sebring (No. 02), the first two rounds of the NAEC season. He has also raced for CGR as part of his developmental contract at the Indianapolis 500, in a Dreyer & Reinbold Kingdom Racing entry where he started 31st and finished ninth. It was a run that was worthy of Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year honors, that ultimately went to Kurt Busch.
Karam, 19, has not raced at Watkins Glen but will be another of the open-wheel contingent in attendance. The Verizon IndyCar Series races at Houston on the same weekend.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54