Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Sage Karam will make his next start of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the third round of the 2014 Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, co-driving the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost Riley with Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Karam starred at both Daytona (No. 01) and Sebring (No. 02), the first two rounds of the NAEC season. He has also raced for CGR as part of his developmental contract at the Indianapolis 500, in a Dreyer & Reinbold Kingdom Racing entry where he started 31st and finished ninth. It was a run that was worthy of Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year honors, that ultimately went to Kurt Busch.
Karam, 19, has not raced at Watkins Glen but will be another of the open-wheel contingent in attendance. The Verizon IndyCar Series races at Houston on the same weekend.
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 1
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 3