Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Sage Karam will make his next start of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the third round of the 2014 Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, co-driving the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost Riley with Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Karam starred at both Daytona (No. 01) and Sebring (No. 02), the first two rounds of the NAEC season. He has also raced for CGR as part of his developmental contract at the Indianapolis 500, in a Dreyer & Reinbold Kingdom Racing entry where he started 31st and finished ninth. It was a run that was worthy of Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year honors, that ultimately went to Kurt Busch.
Karam, 19, has not raced at Watkins Glen but will be another of the open-wheel contingent in attendance. The Verizon IndyCar Series races at Houston on the same weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10