Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Sage Karam will make his next start of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the third round of the 2014 Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, co-driving the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost Riley with Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Karam starred at both Daytona (No. 01) and Sebring (No. 02), the first two rounds of the NAEC season. He has also raced for CGR as part of his developmental contract at the Indianapolis 500, in a Dreyer & Reinbold Kingdom Racing entry where he started 31st and finished ninth. It was a run that was worthy of Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year honors, that ultimately went to Kurt Busch.
Karam, 19, has not raced at Watkins Glen but will be another of the open-wheel contingent in attendance. The Verizon IndyCar Series races at Houston on the same weekend.
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0