Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Sage Karam will make his next start of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the third round of the 2014 Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, co-driving the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost Riley with Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas.
Karam starred at both Daytona (No. 01) and Sebring (No. 02), the first two rounds of the NAEC season. He has also raced for CGR as part of his developmental contract at the Indianapolis 500, in a Dreyer & Reinbold Kingdom Racing entry where he started 31st and finished ninth. It was a run that was worthy of Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year honors, that ultimately went to Kurt Busch.
Karam, 19, has not raced at Watkins Glen but will be another of the open-wheel contingent in attendance. The Verizon IndyCar Series races at Houston on the same weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 3
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 10
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0