Jun 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
Viper and red were synonymous with success at the turn of the century. Now, as the SRT brand shifts back to Dodge, the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race team is moving back to that color and branding coordination for the rest of the season beginning next weekend at Watkins Glen.
Viper’s TUDOR Championship program will now see the Nos. 91 and 93 Viper GTS-Rs referred to as Dodge Vipers, and the gray/blue and gray/yellow liveries swapped out for the retro red and Dodge red, which will adorn the pair of GT Le Mans class entries.
“We’re changing the livery to remind our fans of our history with the Dodge Viper,” said Beth Paretta, Director, Marketing and Operations – Motorsports for FIAT/Chrysler. “The cars will be unveiled at Watkins Glen. It’ll be the Viper red with white stripes. We’ll also have the overall 2000 winner on display.”
SRT remains responsible for the engineering aspects; however the SRT Motorsports overall branding and name goes away.
Red Vipers versus yellow Corvettes is an appetizing prospect for the remainder of this season and beyond.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0