Jun 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
Viper and red were synonymous with success at the turn of the century. Now, as the SRT brand shifts back to Dodge, the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race team is moving back to that color and branding coordination for the rest of the season beginning next weekend at Watkins Glen.
Viper’s TUDOR Championship program will now see the Nos. 91 and 93 Viper GTS-Rs referred to as Dodge Vipers, and the gray/blue and gray/yellow liveries swapped out for the retro red and Dodge red, which will adorn the pair of GT Le Mans class entries.
“We’re changing the livery to remind our fans of our history with the Dodge Viper,” said Beth Paretta, Director, Marketing and Operations – Motorsports for FIAT/Chrysler. “The cars will be unveiled at Watkins Glen. It’ll be the Viper red with white stripes. We’ll also have the overall 2000 winner on display.”
SRT remains responsible for the engineering aspects; however the SRT Motorsports overall branding and name goes away.
Red Vipers versus yellow Corvettes is an appetizing prospect for the remainder of this season and beyond.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1