Jun 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
Viper and red were synonymous with success at the turn of the century. Now, as the SRT brand shifts back to Dodge, the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race team is moving back to that color and branding coordination for the rest of the season beginning next weekend at Watkins Glen.
Viper’s TUDOR Championship program will now see the Nos. 91 and 93 Viper GTS-Rs referred to as Dodge Vipers, and the gray/blue and gray/yellow liveries swapped out for the retro red and Dodge red, which will adorn the pair of GT Le Mans class entries.
“We’re changing the livery to remind our fans of our history with the Dodge Viper,” said Beth Paretta, Director, Marketing and Operations – Motorsports for FIAT/Chrysler. “The cars will be unveiled at Watkins Glen. It’ll be the Viper red with white stripes. We’ll also have the overall 2000 winner on display.”
SRT remains responsible for the engineering aspects; however the SRT Motorsports overall branding and name goes away.
Red Vipers versus yellow Corvettes is an appetizing prospect for the remainder of this season and beyond.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 16
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 15
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2