Jun 20, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
2012 Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer is looking strong heading into tomorrow’s qualifying session on the Northern California circuit.
Sonoma has been one of Bowyer’s strongholds in recent years. In addition to his aforementioned triumph two years ago, Bowyer has collected five Top-5s and six Top-10s there for an average finish of 9.1 – second only to Jeff Gordon (8.2).
After settling among the Top 10 speeds in the first practice, Carl Edwards rose to third in the second session after posting a lap of 75.043 seconds.
Jamie McMurray was fourth-fastest for Chip Ganassi Racing (75.045 secs), while Dale Earnhardt Jr. – a driver that has never claimed a Top-10 finish in his Cup career at Sonoma – was listed fifth on the sheets (75.045 secs).
Qualifying will take place tomorrow afternoon at 1:40 p.m. ET, followed by Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 at 1 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 0
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 10
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0