Jun 20, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
After eleven years away, a full grid of Formula 1 cars will grace the Red Bull Ring today as first practice for the Austrian Grand Prix takes place.
The session begins at 4am ET online on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
So far this season, Mercedes has been the dominant force within Formula 1, but in Canada that all changed as both Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton suffered a problem on their car. Hamilton had to retire as a result, with Rosberg limping home in second place.
This allowed Daniel Ricciardo to claim his maiden Formula 1 victory in Montreal, passing Rosberg with two laps to go. The Australian driver’s endearing smile grew even bigger on Sunday evening after his win, and thanks to him, Red Bull arrives at its first ever home race with a huge amount of momentum.
For the latest from the paddock so far this weekend, be sure to read our Paddock Notebook from Thursday in Austria.
Remember, you can watch FP1 for the Austrian Grand Prix live on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1