Jun 20, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
After eleven years away, a full grid of Formula 1 cars will grace the Red Bull Ring today as first practice for the Austrian Grand Prix takes place.
The session begins at 4am ET online on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
So far this season, Mercedes has been the dominant force within Formula 1, but in Canada that all changed as both Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton suffered a problem on their car. Hamilton had to retire as a result, with Rosberg limping home in second place.
This allowed Daniel Ricciardo to claim his maiden Formula 1 victory in Montreal, passing Rosberg with two laps to go. The Australian driver’s endearing smile grew even bigger on Sunday evening after his win, and thanks to him, Red Bull arrives at its first ever home race with a huge amount of momentum.
For the latest from the paddock so far this weekend, be sure to read our Paddock Notebook from Thursday in Austria.
Remember, you can watch FP1 for the Austrian Grand Prix live on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0