Jun 20, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
After eleven years away, a full grid of Formula 1 cars will grace the Red Bull Ring today as first practice for the Austrian Grand Prix takes place.
The session begins at 4am ET online on Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
So far this season, Mercedes has been the dominant force within Formula 1, but in Canada that all changed as both Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton suffered a problem on their car. Hamilton had to retire as a result, with Rosberg limping home in second place.
This allowed Daniel Ricciardo to claim his maiden Formula 1 victory in Montreal, passing Rosberg with two laps to go. The Australian driver’s endearing smile grew even bigger on Sunday evening after his win, and thanks to him, Red Bull arrives at its first ever home race with a huge amount of momentum.
For the latest from the paddock so far this weekend, be sure to read our Paddock Notebook from Thursday in Austria.
Remember, you can watch FP1 for the Austrian Grand Prix live on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Please note that there will be no commentary from the NBCSN team for this session, but it will instead purely be the FOM world feed.
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 6